Monday, August 23, 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

A. I was on Angie's blog the other day and she posted the most amazing dinner...steak and potatoes. That's right up there with pizza for me (those of you who know, know that I LOVE pizza). I sent Rondell the link right away and our dinner plan for the weekend was in motion. This was dinner last night:





B. I have a bad cold...I caught it from Caleb. I have to toughen up though as I'm about to take 3 kids to the movies...I hope I don't fall asleep :)

C. This is a big week in our house...Jamison is off to 2nd grade on Wednesday, Caleb goes to a new sitter, and I have my first craft fair. There will be a lot of disorder before the order begins as we all prepare...packing school supplies and laying out outfits, making lists about Caleb's likes and dislikes and the fact that he doesn't eat (sigh), and continuing to make cards and finalize the details for my table.

D. I finally made Jamison bookbag tag. I love making them and this year it matches her red bookbag. Here's the one I made last year. Here's this year's version:

Jamison loves to read and loves art so I put 'reading' on her tag as well as the crayons. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.

15 comments:

Rach said...

Those bookbag tags are a FANTASTIC idea!

Dinner looks like it was amazing. :o) I love sweet potato fries.

I'm SOOO sorry you are sick. Summer colds really are the worst. I hope it passes quickly.

Good luck with everything you have going on--what a busy busy busy week!

Enjoy the movie!! :o)

Unknown said...

Dinner looks awesome!! Invite me anytime!

Hope you feel better soon!

~Becca

Carrie said...

MMMMMM...that looks so delicious...I've really been in a cooking slump, but I've got to get a good meal plan started with school starting now!

I love the backpack tag, so cute! It sounds like a busy week with lots of changes! Alex and Emily seem to be doing well, but I'm still in denial with the whole thing, haha! I forgot to pack Alex's snack today, so I had to drop it off at school...it takes me awhile to get into a good routine and remember those little things ;)

Take care and hope you're feeling better...hope your craft fair went SUPER! Wish I could've stopped by!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

J's tag is adorable! When Caleb gets hungry, he'll eat. Don't worry.
I hope your cold gets better and I KNOW you're going to do great at your craft fair.
xoxo

Kelly said...

The bookbag tag looks great!! Sorry to hear that you're under the weather - hope it passes quickly! I'm prepared to start getting sick now that Noah's back in school. He seldom gets sick but I always seem to cath whatever's going around school. Hope you enjoyed the movie!

PS~Erin said...

That dinner looks yummy!

Good luck at the craft fair... Can't wait to hear about it!

Angie said...

Your steak dinner looks so good! Are those sweet potato fries?? YUM!

I love the book bag tag...I am new to the school thing...maybe I should make Layla one.

Have a great busy week, and I hope you feel better really soon.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Pictures are yummy for sure! And, I do love the book tags, how creative of you! Hoping your cold is on it's way out and that you are feeling much better. Just not fun to ever have a cold but especially in the hot summer. Yuck! Blessings to you!

Joanna said...

I saw Rondell post on FB what y'all were having for dinner and I wanted some! :-)

Good luck with the new stuff this week...it's all in order here finally, but it took a week to get it right. I still haven't found the time to blog but on the weekends and this past one I didn't schedule out but today's post. Oh well. Gotta work on that, I suppose.

LOVE the book bag tag!

malia said...

awww that bookbag tag is darling! how sweet!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh that dinner looks delicious! Hope you feel better soon. Colds are no fun :(

Kelli W said...

Her bookbag tag is adorable! And those potatoes looks so yummy and cheesy! I think I may have to pick up some potatoes at the store for dinner...we had pizza last night:)

He & Me + 3 said...

Her book tag turned out great. She is so pretty and her eyes are just gorgeous. Wow
Hope you feel better. A cold is no fun.
Now i am craving steak. YUM

carissa said...

what an adorable book bag tag! you are just too good! that meal looks delish! i hope your cold is better. hopefully your big week is shaping out well!

Georgia Girl said...

late as usual to dinner...it looks so ymmy...will have to check out your friends blog

jamison is so cute and i love the photo collage you made

hope your feeling lots better now...i hate summertime colds