Monday, August 30, 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. So lately I've been having a lot of talks with myself...I do that often (and blog about it too). I've been thinking about all of the things I want to do...get organized, master sewing, really take off with my Stampin Up! business, etc. But I'm constantly thinking about these things and listing about them and blogging about them, but I need to really get down and dirty with it and take action. I need to concentrate on my word of 2010. I'm always reading blogs and thinking "I want to do that" and I CAN. This change in routine has thrown me for a loop and I've realized some changes that need to be made...not stopping procrastinating, be more purposeful, take deep breaths, tackle little things at a time... It's time to bust a move!

2. I have to admit something...I've never had a Pumpkin Spice latte...can we still be friends? I am going to try one this Fall because I hear so much about it and it sounds yummy. I believe they start selling them on Wednesday.

3. The craft fair didn't go so well :( The main purpose of the event was a Back to School Bash, so everyone was mainly over by the games and rides instead of the vendor area. Overall it was a good experience and I really enjoyed hanging out with my mom and Rondell for the afternoon (thanks for your help and support guys!). And my friend Lyndsey and her family stopped by to support me as well and that meant a lot to me.

It is also nice to have my evenings back now and not have to spend them making dozens of cards at a time...making all of those cards took up a lot of time. I'll post pictures of the event tomorrow.

4. Where did August go? Just sayin.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

I know...it will be September in two days...that really makes summer seem gone...but I LOVE fall and I'm ready to pull out the pumpkins and fall decorations! {Is today too soon? haha!}

Sorry the craft fair wasn't booming...but I know the cards will be ready for the next event...and hopefully save you lots of time, can't wait to see them! I know everyone worked so hard to make it successful.

I need to bust a move or two too! I time to get more things done...but I find that the days go so fast, and I haven't done much!

I actually love Peppermint Mocha's around the holidays even better than Pumpkin Spice Lattes :) I'm not super crazy about them...I just love that they symbolize Fall, and that makes me excited :) I still like them and will probably have to get one too! :)

Happy Monday! ;)

The Starr Family said...

Kelli... you made my day with the Pumpkin Spice announcement! Woo to the Hoo!

Disappointing about the craft fair... however, you know have perfect teacher gifts all ready to go!

Deep breaths indeed lady. Don't you often feel its a rush, then try this, never finish, move to the next? I think I shall try the same.

He & Me + 3 said...

I agree...August flew by. Sorry the craft fair didn't go as well as you had hoped...but it is all experience. The next one will be better. Oh my Starbucks pumpkin spice is the best. In fact, that is the only time of year I drink iced coffee from there. I love it. Gotta try one.
I talk to myself all the time...it helps to sort out my thoughts.

Angie said...

I can't believe that August is pretty much gone...it will the holiday season in the blink of an eye!

I really want a pumpkin latte right now. I am so excited about them!! Yum!

Have a great week Kelli!

Rach said...

I'll be your friend. I haven't had a pumpkin spice latte either. I hear they're already back...

September is upon us. How in the world did that happen?!? Time is flying!

I'm so sorry to hear about the craft fair. That really stinks. :o( But, there will be a next time and you'll be ready! :o)

Kelly said...

I have been having the same conversation with myself for a while. I finally found a little bit of focus and motivation this weekend. Now, I just need to build on it. We can do it!

I've never had a pumpkin spice latte either. I drink Starbucks hot chocolate at least 3 times a week though!

Sorry to hear the craft fair wasn't what you were hoping for but I'm sure it was still good experience and the next one will come much easier.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad August has come and gone! I think it was our busiest month ever and I am so looking forward to a less hectic month of September! Yay for fall!

Stacey Thomas said...

Sweetie, I can't really drink coffee at all. Long story, but lets just say that pregnancy (unbeknownst to me at the time), morning sickness and coffee do not mix. So yes, I will be your friend if you can tolerate this hot chocolate drinkin' girl.

I'm sorry the craft fair didn't go as well as you hoped it would. That is so frustrating. Hopefully the next one will go better!

Of course you CAN do anything.
Small steps, small steps. 15 minutes a day, working toward a goal. That's how I started and now I'm up to 4 hours at a stretch for huge tasks (like cleaning my basement) or just outright completing things. But I didn't get that way overnight.

I admire you for not giving up!

Stacey

KRH said...

Hello! You have a beautiful family. Found you through Miscellany Monday. I'm following you and I look forward to learning more about you.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

We can still be friends... but I think you should be sure to try a gingerbread latte too...