Monday, August 18, 2008

They're Baaaack




The babies are home safe and sound from their week-long trip to Cleveland. This is the longest they've ever been away from home, from Saturday to Saturday. I was so excited to see them and have them back in my arms again. Nana and Papa D drove them all the way home, which was really nice. Jamison had so much to say about her trip, she had a really good time.
A lot changes in a week. Jamison has her first loose tooth! She's ready for it to come out so that the tooth fairy can come and get her something. I can't believe she's about to lose a tooth; she's only FOUR! She always comes home after being in Cleveland with more vocabulary. I know that talking a lot with Toshianna helps her a lot.
Caleb came home pointing (finally). He's always pointed but usually with his whole hand instead of the index finger. He's also repeating more and finally showing me where his nose is. He shows Aunt Roni all the time but never shows me. Now he'll point to his nose and say "nooo." It's so cute!
I can't believe how much they seemed to have grown in just a week. Now we're getting Jamison ready for Kindergarten. She starts in a little over a week (and of course there will be a post all about that day, I have the day off!)

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Did Jamison get her first tooth early? I don't remember exactly when Tyler lost his first tooth but I remember it was earlier than most kids. He got his first tooth by five months.

Is she turning five shortly?

My cousin just moved to southern Ohio. She just set up her blog. She comments on my blog as "e amp& e". Thanks for including me on your blog roll!

Katie

Mike and Katie said...

I answered your question on my blog because I'm sure you're not the only one who was wondering if the birth family actually checks the blog. They haven't commented, but Amanda's foster mom has. Her name is Rene. She commented on MckMama's, too.

Crazy thing about the lose tooth! My sister started kindergarten as a four-year-old, too. She was always at the top of her class. I actually forget we are so close in age because she was always two years ahead of me in school but we're only 16 months apart.

Katie