Friday, August 8, 2008

Friends

So I've been doing this Beth Moore study on the Psalms of Ascent. They are Psalms 120-134. They were songs that were sung by pilgrims on the way to Jerusalem. Basically they are uplifting hymns.

Well it's doing nothing for me. Well not nothing but not as much as I wanted or needed it to. People LOVE Beth Moore. People rave about her. I've never done one of her studies so I was really excited to do this one. It's been a challenge for me to do that homework each week. I'm not saying all of this to say that it's a bad study, no, no. She really did bring meaning to the Psalms and brought them to life (as Christa would say), but I just wasn't MOVED. I didn't ascend.
But, then this past Wednesday I was moved. Not by the homework but by the video. I did not want to go that night but something told me (God is good that way) to go. Well the video was about supporting our sisters in Christ. Beth (because we're so tight I can call her Beth) talked about how we as Christian women need to love each other and encourage one another. I think these days (and this was in her talk) we are all too busy. We email instead of call (I'm good for that), we don't commit to plans, we don't encourage but are quick to talk about someone (me again)... There's no deep relationship.

Now I don't take that to mean that you have to have this strong relationship with every woman you meet but like Beth said, let the women that you do love deeply KNOW! Call them, encourage them, listen to them!

So get together with your girlfriends, kids, no kids, husbands, no husbands, etc. Let them know that you love them. Don't say you don't have the time, MAKE the time. We need to be lifted up by one another.
(*OK, I'll get off of my soap box now!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli-

It's not just you. A lot of women LOVE Beth Moore, and I like her stuff OK, but I don't always feel like it's as wonderful as the hype. God made us all with different tastes, that's all. ;-)

I do agree that the videos really were moving- and I liked when we all got together and held hands.

Catch ya later!

E