Friday, August 12, 2011

sweet friday favorites

friday favorite things | finding joy
So thankful right now to compile this list.  For some odd reason I have been rather down the last few days..almost sad.  I can't quite put my finger on the reason.  It is nice to stop, be still and appreciate all of God's goodness...that should make me smile :)

Hugs

My 3 favorite people joining me last night on my walk

Temperatures at 75-85 degrees

Being able to open my windows to let in fresh air due to above-mentioned temps

Isaiah, Chapters 40-41...I have decided that I need to read these daily

Blue skies

Jared Wilson's Gospel Wakefulness Conference I attended last weekend...you can read his blog here

Chocolate Chip cookies (I'm making some this weekend)

Swimming...we would like to squeeze this in one more time before summer is over

A boss who understands that my August is a little crazy and allows my time off

Lunch plans that finally come together after months of planning

The Help coming to theaters...I can't wait to see it

Sitting quietly, making cards for my etsy store...the official Grand Opening will be next week

6 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I really need to make a list like this right now. I, too, have been down the last few days. Really on the verge of tears at all times. It's been kind of a tough week. I think it always makes us feel better to remember our blessings.

Hooray for cooler temps, fresh air, and chocolate chip cookies!

amy said...

Aww. Sorry you've been down. You should have told me.
He will renew your strength [wait on the Lord] and looking to the goodness He has given you is a great way to wait... :)
The chocolate chip cookies always help too!
Have a good weekend.

Joanna said...

Sorry you've been down. {{hugs}} Give me a call/text if you wanna talk! :-)

Hmmm..choc chip cookies! Yummy!

I saw where y'all got to swim today...Glad you got in that swim!

Bible reading...I need to do more of that!

Love when things work out in the end.

Unknown said...

I love your lists - such a great reflection of God's grace in our lives.

Can't wait to see the opening of your store!!

~Becca

Rach said...

I hope this finds you feeling a bit more up than down. Poopoopadoo for down and out-ness. :o(

I'm DYING to open my windows and be able to take evening walks once more. The cooler temps will be here--eventually. I just have to hold out hope.

We're going to try to go swimming and do a bit of baking before school starts. I can't believe Bitty starts school this year. I'm REALLY going to miss her. :oS

I can't wait to see your Etsy store! How wonderful for you!! :o)

He & Me + 3 said...

Hugs are awesome! I hope that my kids never outgrow giving them to me. I have been so excited about our temps here lately too. But...I hope that it doesn't mean we won't have a fall. I love Fall.