Monday, August 29, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - Day Seven :)


Day 7 - 4 Books!

1.  The Bible.  It is God-breathed, it is inerrant, it is my life instruction manual.

2.  Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.  It is truly an eye-opening book about the power of the Holy Spirit.

3.  Where the Sidewalk Ends...classic.  This just takes me back to elementary school and how kids would fight over who would check it out of the library.  This is a book I need to buy for Jamison (and Caleb).

4.  The Help.  This is my current favorite read.  I enjoyed this book immensely, definitely a page turner.  The movie was good as well, but nothing compares to the details of a book and how you can picture the setting for yourself. 

7 comments:

amy said...

Sounds like I really need to read The Help and see the movie...

Kim3278 said...

amen to how a movie never quite lives up to all the beautiful outlined details of a book:) One of my favorite things in the entire world. WORDS ON A PAGE!!! Now...if I could get a Nook...I'd be even happier:)

carissa said...

i'm reading the help, too! it's so good and gives such an interesting picture into what life was like back then. it's sort of mind boggling, you know?! glad things have come a long way!!! and you know us... we're ESV twins!

paige said...

i must go back & read your other days.
love the books that you shared & the truth that you speak
xo

Stephanie said...

I've heard such good things about The Help! Maybe something I will pick up!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love your book choices. Can't go wrong with the Word of GOD! Awesome first choice. Love where the side walk ends too. Great reading.

Kelli W said...

I just put The Help on hold at my library! I really want to see the movie too but I can't decide if I should read the book first or see the movie first:)