Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - Day Three :)


Day Three is here and once again I'm joining Stephanie in this Challenge.  **Read Day One and Day Two here and here.

8 Fears

1.  God...this is my only justified fear.  We are instructed to fear Him...it is an example of our faith in Him.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 1:7 (ESV)

...but I do have others:

2.  Stomach Flu...seriously, I shut down.  It's called emetophobia.

3.  I fear that some major destruction will happen to my house.

4. I am terrified of bees...I run as fast as I can when I see one.

5.  I fear that I will mess up with raising my children.  I fear that I won't give them enough grace or support or exposure to various things.

6.  I am scared to fly...even though I do it because I like to go places. 

7.  I am scared to fry chicken...sad, but true.  One day I'm going to conquer this and make PW's recipe.

8.  I am scared that I am going to fall down my basement stairs.  It happened once...it was awful.  Now when I have to go down there I hold onto the banister really tight.

Wow, I think I need to listen to some happy music after this post.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I laughed at your fried chicken one because I'm terrified of roasting a turkey for Thanksgiving! :o)

I'm also afraid of hurricanes. :sigh: Not the storm itself so much, it's more the damage in the wake of it. I think it goes with your number three.

I'm also TERRIFIED of messing up somehow with my girls.

Hm. I don't think I like this "Fears" one. Let's move on, shall we? ;o)

Leah said...

I read your last 3 posts so I could see your 10 day challenge so far! Great list. I don't think anyone likes the stomach flu and I have to agree I don't like eating or drinking after anyone at all. I love the MacArthur Study Bible! Have a great week!

amy said...

Okay. I have the fried chicken recipe for you. It is a buttermilk fried chicken that is finished off in the oven. Then you won't have to fry it so long... will that work??
LOVE that you included fear of the Lord. :)
Have a great evening.

Joanna said...

Girl you can totally fry chicken! I have faith in you! I fry it at least once a month. It's so easy and as long as I have my grease splash guard thing I'm good!

Ohhh...I was scared of flying until Kayla and I went to NYC and after that it was seriously love. Nervous though until we get up to altitude and then again when we start to descend until we land. ;-)

I also fear that something horrible will happen to my house. I also fear of a break in. I go to bed almost every night telling myself that we would hear a window break or a door bust in if somebody did come in the house. It's horrible!

Angie said...

I'm sorta afraid to fry chicken too. I'm afraid I'll burn my kitchen down. haha!

I also worry about something happening to my house, and I worry I'll mess my kids up. All I can do for either one is pray. It helps me feel better.

I love your love for the Lord. You inspire me!