I thought I'd share with you all information about a good book that I just finished reading. I originally picked up this book because it covered so many areas in my life: relationship with God, being a wife, being a mom, being a friend.
Overall, the book was a great read. There are a few points that she refers to that were lost on me because I don't stay at home and a lot of the sections on being a wife and mom were focused on women who stay at home. I was still able to get some really good information out of those sections though.
Some Good Points
- Storing up God's Word to sustain you through the fiery trials, no matter how long they last.
- Continuing on...this referred to Philippians 3:13-14 (13. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.) The point was that we are to remember the lessons learned, but we are also to train our heart to obey by obeying this command from God to go on (after going through a trial, not dwelling on it)
- Respond positively to your husband ("a good word makes the heart glad" Proverbs 12:25) and show him respect, not just feeling respect for him. He needs to know that you respect him, so with that be vocal. Your husband needs to be #1 in your life (after God) and he needs to know it.
-Pray for your husband daily.
- Regarding family she talked about not giving away to others what you have not first given away at home. She means that we tend to listen to others and serve others but then we don't do the same at home with our husbands and children. They should get preferential treatment!
- Be there for others and when you are there be ALL there, without distractions. Sometimes just your presence is a comfort. She also talked about using a person's name when talking to them (mainly referring to individuals you don't know very well). It shows them you're truly paying attention to them.
- And of course throughout the entire book it thoroughly covers developing your relationship with God, how to be closer to Him and using the talents that He has given to you for His purpose.
You should pick it up, and I hope you enjoy!