Monday, February 9, 2009

Getting to Know Me (and You)

A lady named Kasey at All That Is Good started a series called Friend Makin' Mondays and I thought I'd play along. If you'd like to play along, go here.

1. My favorite book is: The Bible


2. I drive: A Honda Odyssey

3. My favorite type of food to eat is: Mexican...yum!

4. My favorite dessert is: Apple pie
5. My favorite movie is: You've Got Mail

6. When I go to Starbucks I get a: Gasp, I hardly ever go but I like their Hot Caramel Apple Cider.

7. My favorite vegetable is: Collard greens (although it's not too healthy after my mom makes them!)
8. My favorite thing to wear is: T-shirt and stretchy pants...ahh relaxing.
9. My favorite color is: Yellow (it's such a happy color...and yes, I have to say that every time!)
10. I decorate my house it this style: I like country, cottagey, Pottery Barn looking decor...
11. Right now I'm reading: A Woman After God's Own Heart.

12. If I could vacation anywhere I would go to: Destin, Florida...right now, without hesitation, in the same condo we staying in last time. I miss it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for coming over to visit! Enjoyed reading your list have a great day!

heidi said...

Hello Kelli - I'm over from Kasey's place. :-) Your blog is SO cheerful - I love it!

Do you know, I've NEVER had Collard greens? I think I live too far north and west for them to be something we eat with any regularity. I wouldn't even know how to cook them. LOL

Rhonda said...

Hi...I drove an Odyssey to Gulf Shores...loved it.

Love Mexican food too. I am going to make salsa this summer out of my garden for the first time. Hope it turns out!

I've read that book...it's been a while. I probably need to revisit it soon.

It's good to learn more about you.
Have a great day!

Leah said...

Hi! I love your answer to #1. I used to live in Pensacola, so I'm familiar with Destin.

Nice to meet you! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It was fun to read your list and get to know you better Kelli! I love Mexican food too. That book you are reading looks really interesting.

Have a wonderful day!

Jen

Mike and Katie said...

I loved "A woman after God's own heart!" So good! We went through book at a park Bible study one year.

Have you gotten to the part about submission? She suggests training yourself to say, "Sure," whenever your husband suggests something. So, when my husband came home on a 98` day and said, "Let's go car shopping!" I said, "Sure." So, we packed up our young boys and climbed in and out of dozens of steamy hot cars and sweated numerous salesman.

Mike caught on that something was different with me and even asked the salesman about a brand new conversion van with a TV installed. He was testing me.

Life changing concepts for me!

Katie

Ms. Tee said...

Fun to learn all of these things about you - I drive a mini-van, too. ;) I love green, but yellow is a very close second!

Brittany said...

How is that book? I've heard really good things about it!

Kasey said...

I am so happy you are joining in the fun! I love apple pie! I have a great recipe for one with a caramel/preline topping! it is heaven! -have a great night~

Amy said...

You've got Mail...one of my favorites as well!! I've watched it hundreds of times...no joke! It's so fun! Love getting to know my little Ohio friend!!

I may have to try that recipe above...it sounds so yummy and comfort food is my thing right now!!!

Heidi Boos said...

Great list! I DO love my Honda Odyssey! And, oh my! Apple pie a la mode?? LOVE IT!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi.

jennifer said...

MY favorite movie is "You've Got Mail" too!

I've seen it like a million times. No, really.

Your blog is just too precious. Adding you to my blogroll!

Miller Racing Family said...

Coming over from Kasey's. I join you on the mexican and the t-shirts. I also loved the movie You've got mail. I love almost any romantic comedy. Great to meet you! Have a blessed day!