I saw this on Betsy's blog and thought it was a great idea. The goal here is to set 101 realistic and specific goals of things you want to accomplish in 1001 days, which is roughly 2 3/4 years (so from February 2009 to November 2011). Since I'm working on a 3-year plan, this will come in real handy. Some of my items are the same as Betsy's, they were either good ideas or something I had also been thinking of.
I'm excited to get this started and will try and update you all along the way. They are in no particular order.
1. Create a meal menu once a week.
2. Use my planner daily. I'm thinking of using something else.
3. Develop and stick to a workout routine.
4. Keep my toenails polished.
5. Visit Atlanta, GA. Done!
6. Go to Chicago for a long weekend and have Giordano's pizza.
7. Buy fresh flowers every pay week for my home.
8. Try a new recipe every month.
9. Cut it down to one Coke a day.
10. Keep my hair cut. Now I've decided to let it grow out.
11. Save up for a big camera (Nikon D40)
12. Read the Bible daily.
13. Got to Destin, FL twice.
14. Start taking vitamins.
15. Clear up dry skin.
16. Learn how to do my make up.
17. Get my High School friends together for a weekend trip. Done, even though I didn't do it, Anita arranged it all.
18. Lose ___ lbs.
19. Complete Destin scrapbook.
20. Run a 10K (this is my stretch item).
21. Go to the dentist.
22. Clean car once a month. I've been doing pretty well with this.
23. Learn more about planting and maintaining flowers.
24. Learn to design my blog. I found out a lot of information but then I won a cool giveaway so it's already just the way I want it.
25. Document all of my BSF notes in my Bible.
26. Drink 64 oz of water daily.
27. Organize photo albums on computer.
28. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
29. Learn how to make homemade pizza.
30. Regularly attend PTA meetings.
31. Learn to sew.
32. Take another scrapbook class.
33. Learn to make homemade rolls.
34. Perfect my apple pie recipe.
35. Update my resume every six months.
36. Memorize one Bible verse per week.
FOR MY MARRIAGE...
37. Pack his lunch at least once a week. I've been doing well with this. I'm trying to do it daily.
38. Go on a marriage retreat.
39. Say something encouraging to him daily.
40. More kisses.
41. Date night at least once a month (even if it's pizza at home and a DVD)
42. Go to another NFL game.
43. Pray for him daily.
44. Watch Saw IV (and any others after) with him.
FOR MY KIDS
45. Potty train Caleb
46. Go to the library twice a month.
47. Enroll Jamison in swim lessons.
48. Take them to VBS. I even volunteered. It's not until August.
49. Take more walks.
50. Read Bible stories to them.
51. Open a savings account for them.
52. Plan special holiday crafts.
53. Feed them more vegetables.
54. Have a Family Fun Night once a month.
55. Play outside with them more (weather permitting).
56. Participate in their school activities.
57. Transition Caleb to a big boy bed.
58. Buy them new furniture.
59. Frame their artwork.
60. Have a mom/dad date with each one every other month.
FOR MY HOME...
61. Buy valance for living room and master bedroom.
62. Paint kitchen cabinets.
63. Paint kitchen a different shade of yellow.
64. Paint house trim.
65. Paint master bathroom. Done.
66. Redo kids' bathroom.
67. Continue hanging pictures on "family wall".
68. Create a family board for kitchen.
69. Stain deck each spring.
70. Landscape backyard. Working on this
71. Clean and wash out the fridge once a month.
72. Buy a new patio table.
73. Organize every closet and maintain them.
74. New flooring in kitchen.
75. Hang more pictures on walls.
76. Organize garage.
77. Clean carpets after each season. We cleaned it after Spring.
78. Repair kitchen ceiling.
79. Buy new garden hose attachments. Done.
80. Install garage door keypad.
81. Clean, organize and decorate "laundry area" in basement.
82. Replace kitchen lighting.
FOR MY FRIENDS...
83. Send each friend a card for her birthday.
84. Host a Back-to-School brunch.
85. Pray for them weekly.
86. Organize more Girls Night Out activities.
87. Foster new relationships.
FOR OUR MONEY...
88. Eat out no more than twice a week...except on vacation.
89. Create a more detailed budget and update bi-weekly.
90. Cut coupons weekly.
91. Save for retirement.
92. Complete Crown study. Done.
93. Pay off two credit cards in full (this number may increase).
94. Save all spare change.
95. Put money in savings account monthly.
FOR THE WORLD...
96. Participate in New Life's ServeFest.
97. Pray weekly about where to serve in my community.
98. Donate school supplies each school year.
99. Financially support missionary work.
100. Serve at church.
101. Donate extras to charity every three months.
Good luck with your 101 in 1001!
Our Halls are Decked + Elf on the Shelf
3 hours ago