Friday, October 15, 2010

Thanking God on Friday!

~  I am thankful for this blog...for so many reasons.  As I was getting ready to post this I realized that it is my 700th post...700th!  And you're still here.  I love what I learn from having this blog and reading other blogs.  I love the friendships that I've developed through this blog.  I love the fact that I'm documenting things for my children to read in the future (which reminds me that I need to look at putting this into one of those blog books).

~  I am thankful that an old friend asked me to go to dinner.  We haven't seen each other in a long time and it will be nice to get together.  AND, we're going to my favorite restaurant...Abuelo's.

~  I am thankful for Jamison's teacher's idea of having each child write a special note to Jamison since she was star student of the week.  These children wrote the most beautiful words about my daughter...kind, brave, great writer, best friend, sweet, and on and on.  I can only imagine that Jamison will treasure those notes for a very long time.

~  I am thankful for verses that come to me in His timing (because we all know that His timing is not our timing).  Verses that I would have not otherwise come across, but He knew I needed to hear them...like, Isaiah 43:1-2:
1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

9 comments:

Rach said...

I'm thankful you are here blogging. :o) 700 posts is INCREDIBLE! :o)

I remember in the second grade we all had a chance to be "student of the week" and Mrs. O would have us each write one sentence about the person. I hadn't remembered until just now with Jamison. How WONDERFUL for her!!

Yes, God in His time. :o)

jennykate77 said...

CONGRATS on 700 posts!!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Great things to be thankful for!!

I LOVE Abuelo's! I'm going out with old friends tonight too! I love getting together with girlfriends. It's one of my favorite things to do!

Great scriptures!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!♥

Kelly said...

Wow, 700 posts?! That is amazing! I love that you are preserving these memories too - that is one of the best benefits of blogging!

How sweet of Jamison's teacher. That is a GREAT idea. I'm sure it melted your heart as a momma!

Ahhh, yes - God's timing is always perfect!!!

I hope your weekend is a wonderful one :) Enjoy Abuelo's!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the site suggestions Kel! Congrats on your 700th post. You are a fearfully and wonderfully made lady and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you through "blogger world". :)

Angie said...

I'm so glad you blog too!! Yay for 700!!

Enjoy your dinner, and have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Kelli, Is.43 is special to me because the Lord showed me in a dream what he would do in my future and confirmed it through this scripture in verses 5-7. Isn't God awesome!

Anonymous said...

so much to be thankful for! 700 posts! Now that's something!

PS~Erin said...

Love these entries from you. What a neat thing for Jamison. And how proud it must make you as a momma.

Kelli W said...

Congrats on 700 posts...well I guess now more than that:) I love your TGOF posts. They always remind me to be thankful for the stuff that I sometimes forget to be thankful for!