Monday, October 18, 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1.  Dear person-who-left-his-car-in-front-of-our-neighbors-house:  I'm sorry I had to call the police to finally have your car taken away after being there for three weeks.  Being that you left the windows down should have been our first clue that you probably didn't care too much about your car...since it has rained quite a few times and your car was parked under a tree that has acorns falling left and right.  Then there was the realization that you removed the license tag...hmmm.  So, we had to bring in the authorities and now our street is back to normal.
2.  Dear Josh B:  Thanks for making the best brisket I have ever tasted...it really does bring our Small Group together for one tasty meal.  It is always so tender and smoked to perfection.  Till next year...

3.  Dear students in Jamison's class:  I have read the letters you wrote to her over and over and teared up a little each time.  Thank you for showing Jamison all the things that make her special.  I will be sure to put each letter in a special binder so that we can cherish them for years to come.
4.  Dear sewing machine:  I have been a terrible owner and I am going to make it up to you.  I am determined to make something in the next few weeks.  I will tell you that I've been calling JoAnn weekly to see if there is a sale on it's classes, but not luck yet.  We will make great things together...promise.  Don't give up on me yet.

16 comments:

KTW said...

Jamison will surely treasure those letters for years to come! :) I hope her teacher realizes what a terrific thing she's doing for her students by encouraging them to be kind. My third grade class wrote thank you notes to my mom for helping with a class party and she STILL has those letters to this day! :) Those kinds of things really make a lasting impression.

My sewing machine doesn't even recognize me when I walk past. ;) I'll have to reintroduce myself.

Happy Monday! :)

Rach said...

There is nothing more self-affirming than wonderful words from your peers. Jamison is one blessed little girl!

Sewing machine? I have one...somewhere...

Carrie said...

Aw...I STILL have a little book from first grade when the class wrote nice things about me! isn't it so sweet. Alot of them say, "you are nic and cut" haha, meaning nice and cute! She will love that!

I have not been crafty lately either, but the cricut is about to get some work for book reports coming up, not really my idea of fun, but getting used :)

Have a great day!

Kelly said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see what you and your sewing machine come up with :) Maybe it'll provide me some inspiration to learn to sew!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

What a sweet idea that Jamison will cherish for years, I'm sure. And oh yeah, my sewing machine . . . poor girl. She's neglected. Very neglected.

Emily said...

haha! I love your letters. And how sweet for Jamison. Nothing is better than hearing how much people like you!

Kelli W said...

That brisket sounds amazing...you are making me hungry:) I can't wait to see what you come up with using your sewing machine!

The Starr Family said...

A word of warning...

Once you recommit to said sewing machine, there is no looking back. If I start sewing I cannot stop. All the fabric and ideas, and well the sewing machine is already pulled out so I may as well just keep going. Right? Of course. Enjoy the honeymoon phase... until it abruptly ends when the first needle breaks.
:)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great idea to write letters. I wish I could call the police about all my neighbors cars parked in front of my house. Grrrrr.
I was just thinking this week how I actually need a sewing machine. I want to learn to sew so bad!

Amy DeTrempe said...

Your notes made me smile. I am glad I found your blog.

Farmgirl Paints said...

now you have me craving brisket. oh that sounds good.

i could use a sewing class. i'm sure i do everything wrong.

Angie said...

I wanna learn to sew too...so badly. The car thing is funny. How weird, but you made it funny!

carissa said...

happy sewing to you! can't wait to see all of your creations!!! : )

i know what you mean about the car in the road... we had a neighbor that always parked his massive truck right outside our house. only we couldn't call the police since he lived there. ha! so glad that car is long gone.

aww, so sweet that jamison has a class full of friendly kiddos!

carissa said...

happy sewing to you! can't wait to see all of your creations!!! : )

i know what you mean about the car in the road... we had a neighbor that always parked his massive truck right outside our house. only we couldn't call the police since he lived there. ha! so glad that car is long gone.

aww, so sweet that jamison has a class full of friendly kiddos!

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great list. It must of been the weekend for brisket as we went to an event that also had wonderful brisket. I love the note to the sewing machine. I have seen so many cute things in blogland that you need a sewing machine for that I have decided to ask for a sewing machine for Christmas. We will see how that goes.
Hope you have a great day!

KRH said...

Ya know, I've never had brisket.
Anyway, I passing the "Blog with Substance" award to you. Stop by my blog to pick it up.

www.barefeetandbluejeans.blogspot.com