My good buddy Becca tagged me with 8 questions to get the scoop on me. I am more than happy to participate! Here's the scoop:
1. Where were you born? and your parents? what is your ancestry?
I was born at The Ohio State University...I've been a Buckeye since birth. My dad was born in Michigan and my mom was born in Ohio. Ancestry...I'm Black. I know that my great grandmother was bi-racial...her father married a slave and on my father's side there is some Native American ancestry. I'd love to learn more.
2. What is your least favorite memory from those awkward high school days?
Least? Maybe prom because I wasn't used to dressing up and so that was kind of strange.
3. Grab your favorite photo you have ever taken. Tell us why it's your favorite.
I love this picture because it shows healing and the love I have for my children. As some of you may know I had post partum depression after I had Jamison. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever gone through. It took me until I had Caleb to heal from that horrible time. This picture reminds me of that...of a new beginning...the beginning of Caleb's life and as a mother to both of my children. I just love those little people.
4. What song instantly picks you up and makes your day go even better?
Pretty much anything by Maxwell...I love his music. This puts me in the mood to pop in his CD right now...the first one is my favorite.
5. How did you & your husband meet? Tell us the love story!
6. What is your favorite snack?
Probably white cheddar cheese popcorn...but it has to be a certain brand, either SmartFood or Cape Cod. Act II used to make a microwave white cheddar popcorn that was amazing, but they don't make it any more.
7. What was your first concert? Tell us what you remember about it!
I went to see New Edition with my mom's friend's daughter. I was so in love with that group growing up and it was a great concert. It was at a place called the Front Row because all of the seating was good, like you were in the front row.
8. What makes you the happiest?
A sunny/blue sky/ 70 degree Sunday...going to church, being with my family (maybe evening taking a nap), and having a great meal together in a clean house.
Now I want to get the scoop on some of you:
The 8 Questions:
1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?
2. What is your ideal vacation?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. What are your favorite shows?
5. What is your favorite recipe (and share if you'd like)?
6. What is on your To Do list this week?
7. What are your kids going to be for Halloween?
8. Who is your best friend and what is he/she like?
Come on ladies...I'm on a need-to-know basis :)