Friday, August 14, 2009

Thanking God on Friday

** I am thankful for the fact that it did not cost a lot to have our garage door repaired. The attachment from the garage door opener to the actual door snapped this week. I got a referral from my friend Lyndsey and the company came out and fixed it yesterday for only $80...and they did a great job! Rondell and I were very relieved.
** I am thankful for Beth Moore's study of Daniel. My friend Tonya and I are doing this study together. I have done one other Beth Moore study and I didn't care for it so I was interested to see how I would like this study. People talk all the time about how she really makes the Bible come alive and now I see it to be true. This study is amazing so far. I'm learning so much about history, how God used Daniel, and how Babylon relates to how our society is today. I highly recommend this study.
** I am thankful that Rondell's schedule is slowing down. For a while there it felt like he was working two full time jobs because they were scheduling him so much at Best Buy. But now it's slowing down and he'll be home more.
** I am thankful for my Crown group. This past Spring Rondell and I participated in a 10-week Crown Financial Bible Study. It was amazing to see all the verses related to finances and begin to look at money differently. What we are doing now is getting together with our group once a month as an accountability group. This will be so helpful because now it's taking what we learned and really outlining a plan and putting it into action.

9 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

that's such good news about your garage door. So glad it didn't cost too much! I enjoyed the Daniel study - you'll love it. Hope you have a good weekend :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Good things to be thankful for! Have a wonderful weekend.

nest of posies said...

i love how your posts sometimes make me slowdown and be thankful. like this one. i've been going & going all day. find time to sit & see what is going on with everyone (all my blogging friend) and you remind me, i need to be thankful for everyday blessings. thank YOU.

hope you have a great weekend!

Carrie said...

We have a broken garage door too...but hopefull it will be an inexpspensive fix too! What wonderful things to be thankful for! so glad Rondell is home more with the family! Have a great weekend...it's supposed to be a hot one here!

Mike and Katie said...

i really like the crown financial stuff although we took a detour off the money map to adopt christiana. no regrets!

ohio12 said...

glad to hear these updates...especially since we haven't seen you guys much this summer. as much as i don't want summer to end, it will be good to get back on a more regular schedule this fall. i haven't even taken the time to blog or look at blogs lately!

Courtney said...

Glad you got your garage fixed quicky & cheaply! i have never done a Beth Moore study. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for recommending it!

Emily said...

Beth Moore is so great...glad you're enjoying the study.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love Beth Moore studies! You have to do the video series with them for it all to 'gel'. (Did you?)
Ps-Love your meal plans-I want to come for dinner!