Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tuesday...Sigh

No, today's not Tuesday...let me explain.  Do you have a day of the week that you dread?  For some people it's Monday because they don't want the weekend to end and there's the dread of getting back to the grind.  For some, it's Wednesday that they feel they have to get through...you know, hump day.  For me, the dread day...you guessed it, Tuesday.

Why Tuesday?  See, I go to BSF on Monday nights and when I get home it's late and I'm usually tired.  Typically, I come home, go straight upstairs and get in bed.  Because of this I don't get anything ready for the next day.  Every other evening I prepare for the next day...I pick out clothes for me and the kids, I make sure Jamison's book bag is packed, I check to see if she's buying or packing and if she's packing I pack her lunch, I put shoes in a place where I can grab them easily the next day, and I make sure coats and hats/gloves are where they are supposed to be.  But, I don't do that on Mondays and that makes Tuesday mornings more difficult and a little stressful.

Please excuse the bad picture.


The one thing that does help me from not completely losing it is my kids' bin.  This has been a lifesaver...I've actually had this "container" since Jamison was a baby.  I keep almost everything I need in here to get the kids ready in the morning (and in the evening).  I keep lotion, hand sanitizer, pull ups (because Caleb still wears one at night), hair items for Jamison (I showed you how I organize her hair pieces here), vapor cream (for those ongoing colds), wipes, and extra underwear.  It just really helps me to have all of these things in one place so that I'm not running all around the house.  This is something that really works for us.  Do you have a kids' station?


**  While coming up with this post I did realize that I need to double up on my Sunday prep and prep as much as I can for Tuesday...I'll keep you posted on that.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I do indeed have a kids' station. Right now, it has all of Ellie's diapers (since we cloth diaper) medicines for both girls, wipes, my cell phone (that way I always know where it is), wipes, an extra paci or two, a comb and more.

I didn't have this until Ellie was born and I'm kicking myself for not having done so earlier. :o)

I have RCIA (church) on Thursday nights and don't get home until close to 9:30 or 10:00, so I understand how crazy your Tuesday mornings must be.

Oh, and thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday. :o)

Kelli W said...

That is such a smart idea! I'm it helps especially since you probably have a ton of hair accessories for Jamison:)

Joanna said...

Yep, I would say that Mondays are my dreaded days. I don't like getting back into the swing of things. There are so many things that I have to do to get ready to begin the week.

Your on the right track! Hopefully you can do more on Sundays to help out on Tuesdays.

I had that exact same "container" when Kelsie was a baby and now that I see you using it, I wished I would have kept mine. I could think of SO many ways to be using it right now! :-)

lsnellings said...

Thursdays are my dread days. I have choir practice Wednesday nights so it is a late night and Thursdays are the only day we have to be out of the house at a certain time so that just adds to the stress.

Emily said...

My Wednesday is like that! I love the idea of a kids' station...I'm totally going to try that out and hopefully my Wed. a.m. will go a little smoother!