Monday, January 31, 2011

miscellany monday

 Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1.  Chicken "pops" and a Thomas Party...My Caleb had the chicken pox (or "pops" as he calls it).  We had no idea because it did not itch him at all.  We finally took him to the doctor who confirmed that it was chicken pox but that he was over it.  On Saturday Caleb got his hair cut and it was crazy to see that he even had them in his head...


 
 Luckily he was OK to still have his party because he was not contagious.  I'm pretty sure he had a good time (if you missed his birthday post you can see it here):

 A new bike from Gramma Lee.

 Waiting for his friends to arrive...he was so excited.

 Caleb's friend Andrew.

 Cousin Maiya and Maw Maw & Paw Paw.

 The Thomas cake.

I love seeing the joy on his face.
Thanks for the presents :)

2.  Weekly challenge...I put on my sidebar a new challenge that I'm determined to participate in.  This week's challenge is creating a Home Management Binder, which is something I've wanted to do for a while now.  You can read all about it here.  Join us!

3.  Hot date...yes, you heard me...I have a hot date, with a fine man!  Rondell and I are going to see one of our favorite music artists on Thursday night.  We're getting a sitter (AKA Maw Maw & Paw Paw) and dressing up a little and going out on the town.  The information on the show says that it lasts until 1am...I can't remember that last time I was up until 1am.  I can't wait!!!

4.  Sleeping or praying...funny Jamison story.  She is tired a lot and falls asleep often in the car.  One day I told her she looked tired and as usual she denied it.  Well, a few minutes later she was asleep.  When she woke up I told her she had fallen asleep and she said "no Mommy, I was praying."  Classic.

11 comments:

Rach said...

You know, Hannah got the "chicken pops" after a couple of weeks after her immunization. She got seven of them. No fever, no nothing else. Just some "pops". Huh. I'm delighted the party was good to go, though! :o)

Woo hoo!! I can't WAIT to read all about your hot date! I can't remember the last time B and I had one...

Ohmygoodness, that Jamison is one funny girlie! Praying! Ha!! :o)

Kelli W said...

Caleb looks so happy at his party! And yay for date night! Jason and I got to do dinner and a movie with friends last weekend and it was so nice! I know you are going to have a great time! Have an awesome week Kelli!

Kelly said...

Poor Caleb! Glad it didn't really seem to bother him and that it didn't ruin the party. He looks elated with that cake :)

Enjoy your date!! We need to be better about going out without the kids. We were doing a really good job with it before my accident but we've slipped into our old ways. Can't wait to hear about it!

Ha! I loved the Jamison story...too cute! I'm going to use that one next time I zonk out on the couch ;)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OH NO! My sweet Caleb! Chicken Pops! What a blessing that they did not itch. (I have scars from where I itched my chicken pops as a little kid...)

Who are you going to see on Thursday? You'll have to do a post about date night. Fabulous!

(I love that Miss J is such a quick thinker.) :)

Emily said...

Looks like a fun celebration! Glad the chicken poops didn't ruin it! :) We had a birthday here this weekend too!

Angie said...

Chicken pops...hysterical!

Happy Birthday to your little man :)

Enjoy your night on the town...sound like it will be sooo fun!

Stacey said...

Ooh la la, a night on the town! Enjoy, enjoy!

I love the picture of Caleb looking at his cake. Pure, unbridled JOY. That is so awesome.

Gonna read about the Home Management Binder, sounds like a good idea.

Stacey

Unknown said...

Poor sweet Chicken Pops baby!! Glad that seemed to not slow him down!!

~Becca

He & Me + 3 said...

What a cool birthday present. Hope that is party was the best. I had Chicken pops when i was in College. LOL a small case. wonder if I can get them again?
Have fun on your date!
Good luck with that binder...looked very tough.

Mike and Katie said...

Did he get the vaccine? I got the vaccine for my boys because I thought they would still get them but just not really bad. They never got them. We think Amanda had them last spring but they were so mild we just aren't sure and the babies didn't get them.

It's nice to have them done and over with for Caleb. Has Jamison had them?

Amy said...

Yay for date night! Tripp and I just had one of those last Friday, it was so great to be out with my man!

And have I mentioned how gorgeous your children are? Seriously, Caleb could make a killing as a model!