Friday, January 28, 2011

Thanking God on Friday!

**  I am thankful that it's official...we are going to Florida!  I booked the trip yesterday and we are all SO excited.  I said on my FB status that we'll be eating beans and franks from now until we go :)...but it will all be worth it.  I can't wait to see this place again:


**  I am thankful for the individuals who write the notes for my BSF study.  As many of you may know BSF is covering Isaiah this year and it is a bit of a challenge.  Every time I read the notes I am just so grateful that there are people who are able to break down the Scripture passages and give explanations that I can understand.  

**  I am thankful for this post about organizing your mind.  It made me realize that I'm going about this organizing process all wrong and that's why it's not falling into place.  I do think you can just jump in and organize some spaces, but I want this to be a lifestyle change for our family, to simplify and organize, and it's going to start with organizing me.  I need to make some priorities and figure out how I want my home to flow...what kind of place I want it to be for my family and guests.  So, I'm going to start with my mind this week and write some things down...you know I love a good list :)

 **  I am thankful that my brother actually wants me to come and visit him at college for Siblings Weekend.  It should be really fun hanging out with him and seeing what college life is like for him.

 (Evan and our cousin Brandon...they are exactly a week apart (Brandon is older) and are best friends.  They are now going to the same school!)

8 comments:

Rach said...

Oh, how FUN is this post?!? Florida? Seeing your brother? Good times!

My best friend Robin is also my cousin. We we all through school together and still talk almost every day--yup, that Robin. :o)

I like the organization piece, and I agree with you, I am so appreciative when people can explain the passage I'm reading.

Happy Friday! :o)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

FLORIDA!!! Yay! I'm so glad you get to go :) Jeremy and I keep joking {except I think we're serious} that once the new house is finished and we've refinanced, we'll never have enough money to ever go anywhere again, so I know the joy that comes from being able to get away {and the sadness that comes from thinking it may never happen again}.

I love your thoughts on organization, and it's true. Usually it's our minds, first and foremost, that need the "changing" :)

Angie said...

Ohhhh! Florida again for you guys! That is awesome I know how much you love it there.

Have fun visiting w/your brother...sounds like it will be a fun time.

paige said...

yay you!!!
that image of florida looks like heaven!!
when are you going? is this a summer vacation?

have fun with your brother too

ps, kelli, thank you immensely. you always leave kind & encouraging comments on my blog.
thank you
xo

paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

FLORIDA!!!! sounds FANTASTIC and WARM!!!!! Yeah for you!!!!

Kelli W said...

Yay for Destin again! I know you are SUPER excited about it:)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I am so excited for you that you are going to get to go back to FL! I remember how much you loved it last year. Yay!

And how cool that your brother and cousin are best friends. They say you can choose your friends but not your family... How cool that they went ahead and chose each other.
:)