- It's in my room! If I had a finished basement (ahh, the dream) it would be there, but it's not...so it's in my room.
- It's surface space is small. It's OK if I only want to use it for the computer, but if I wanted to sit at my desk and write a list or update my planner or do a craft, I can forget it...there's just not enough room. Do you see the printer sitting at the top...it's hanging on for dear life!
- Look at the chair. It's the chair from my very first table set from my very first apartment. Not comfortable, not cute, doesn't match...
- See the plastic drawer thing next to the desk...yeah, not working for me. There are all kinds of things in those drawers and I just can't figure out what I want its purpose to be. Does it hold important papers, pictures, bills? Again, not cute, doesn't match and needs a purpose.
- Lastly, there's stuff all on it. Now granted I took this picture in the middle of cleaning it off but if it was an organized area then the things would already be in their places and not on top of the desk taking of what little space I have!!!!
So, this is where you come in...have you had a space like this, tackled it and now it's the best space EVER? What are your secrets, who are your resources? Help a sista out...comment, email me, whatever! I know each person's space is different according to her needs but I need all the help I can get...all ideas welcome, nothing turned away...get your creative juices working.
Later, I'll tell you all the tips I learned and show you all what I finally do with this lovely (gag!) space.