Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Graduation...A Story in Pictures

It's official...he's a High School graduate, graduating from Gilmour Academy.

Here is Evan as we head out to his baccalaureate. That event was painful I must say. It wasn't as long as I thought it would be but it was very boring. Luckily I had my cousin Britney and her Iphone to keep me company...sad thing is that now I want and Iphone. Oh and check out the fence behind Evan...he stained it himself!

Here's Evan and cousins Britney and Brandon. Britney lives in California and is getting her Masters in Social Work at UCLA. Brandon graduates on Monday and is attending Ohio University in the Fall. I was so inspired by these young adults this weekend!

Twins...14 1/2 years apart. Evan and I are alike in so many ways it's scary at times. Note: I have on a dress...I never wear dresses so Evan must be special for me to put on a dress for his event.

My dad and Evan. Evan is about an inch taller than my dad! Note: I don't know why everything looks pink...ugh, I need a new camera.

Renee and Evan...her baby. She only cried a few times over the weekend. I hope that I have as close of a relationship with my kids as Evan and Renee have, their bond is special.

Brit (who is now the ex-girlfriend, but the are still friends) and Evan

Evan and his best friends...Brandon and Mo (Mordecai). Evan told me this weekend that these two are always there for him no matter what. Mo will be attending Yale in the Fall...wow!

Proud parents at the graduation. The graduation was held in the school's ice rink...brrr. It was a beautiful set up though. Everything was really nice...except for the valedictorian speech. Not only did she use big words, she used big scientific words. She lost us all.

Three generations...Grandpa, Evan and my dad. It was hard not having my grandmother there, but I know she was watching from above, smiling.

The siblings.

I love these pictures above of Evan interacting with Jamison. She loves her uncle and he feels the same about her. This is after the graduation at Evan's cookout. There were about 150 people there! Daddy and Renee were smart and catered the food. It was a beautiful day and everyone had a great time.

Me and my California girl, Britney. I love this girl and it was so fun to catch up with her. I met her when she was 3 and I was 12, when Daddy and Renee got married (her mom is Renee's sister, who I also love a great deal). Now she's a grown woman, as she says. Time flies.

Here he is...Mount Union bound. I'm so proud of the person that he's become.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow congrats to your family I loved the pictures!

Monica said...

You must be very proud!looks like y'all had a great time!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Carrie said...

Oh,Kelli, those pictures are fabulous! Evan is a very handsome young man! Congratulations to him!

Looks like a great party! Do you get to see your whole family very often?

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How exciting. What a wonderful day! Cute pictures Kelli!

XOXO
Jene

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Loved all the pictures...and the name of his friend-Mordecai-what a great Bible name!!

Congrats to Evan!!!

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, congrats to Evan. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time as a family. You have such a beautiful family, you should be very proud.

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

Congratulations Kelli! Looks like you are very proud of him!

~Becca

Ms. Tee said...

Wow, he's so cute. I know you must be so proud! How sweet that he has a special bond with your daughter, too. :)

alyssa said...

what a good lookin' family!! have a fun & safe trip!!

Heidi Boos said...

What a special time in honoring a great accomplishment! I'm so glad you had such a good time celebrating with your family. Congrats to Evan!