Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Take a Picture

I mentioned in one of my posts about learning more about my camera.  I've had it for over a year and I don't think I'm getting out of it all that it has to offer.  I recently printed off the entire manual and plan on going through it and playing around.  I just need to pull my camera out more often....not just on special occasions.

So, tonight after working in the yard I was sitting back, looking up and decided today was the day to start playing around.  My camera is a point and shoot and has Auto/programmed settings as well as manual settings.  Tonight I decided to use the Landscape setting just to see what it has to offer.  I don't really know that I can see the difference between this and Auto so I plan on reading up on this setting tomorrow.

Here's my picture:

 We have a ton of trees in our backyard so this is what I see when I look up.

So...if you were to edit this picture what would you do?  That's another thing I'd like to work on.

 My goal is to take tons of pictures and post my progress each week.  Any other rookies out there?

6 comments:

Kelli W said...

What a fun picture Kelli! I would lighten the picture up a little bit and them maybe up the saturation of the green a little bit to make the leaves really pop!

Rach said...

Look at all the leaves! Spring has sprung up your way. :o)

As for the camera and editing, well, I don't really edit my photos. I just take them and pray for the best. :oP

Seriously, though, Brien is the photography guru/nut in our house. He owns something like five different cameras and uses them all for different subjects. He edits like nobody's business as well.

I think because *he* is so good, I shrink back and let it be *his* thing. I'm intimidated, you know? :oS

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Yay for getting your camera out, I'm so proud of you!! I love fun view points like this one. I agree with Kelli. I'd probably adjust the lighting/exposure a bit, and then adjust the color to bring out the green in the leaves. Do you have photoshop? Elements? What do you use?

amy said...

What a view you have. I love being outside...
The editing thing is tricky. I don't really know much about it. I just play around with it until it looks right to me- picnic.com is a great place to edit...
Happy editing!

amy said...

*picnik.com*

Joanna said...

Love that view! I miss our trees we used to have in our back yard. We had to cut them down several years ago because they got fungus and started dying. :(

Editing photos...I use Photoshop but Picasa is awesome. I know many people who use it. I usually play with different looks {sharpness, black and white, sepia, etc} until I find something I like. Picasa has a lot of different things like that.