Monday, May 2, 2011

miscellany monday

 Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


1. May...already!  I can't believe that it's already May...time is going by so fast.  Soon school will be out, BSF is almost over, and summer is almost here.  It's almost time to get out in the yard and plant flowers (gotta call my gardener assistant...AKA my mom!).  I welcome May with open arms :)

2.  Speaking of May...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Kristina!  I love this girl with all my heart and I hope she has a fabulous birthday (with plans for an upcoming trip of some kind...I live vicariously through her travels!).

3.  Don't underestimate your kids...that's what I need to keep telling myself.  I have to remember that Caleb (and Jamison) is smarter than I give him credit for.  Recently we had this conversation:

Caleb:  Mommy, when can we go back and see the real Thomas (we went there here).

Me:  Maybe in September.

Caleb:  I have an idea, I can take my trains with me so I can play with them on their tracks (they have a bunch of train tables set up for kids to play with...side note: now mind you that Caleb NEVER played with the train table we bought him).

Me:  But what if another kid takes them?

Caleb:  pause...Well I'll just put my name on them.

Me: Thinking...duh!

4.  I am determined...to learn my camera.  I recently printed off the entire manual and I plan on reading it and playing around with my camera a lot.  I love how Lemonade Making Mama and Mimi take a photo a day and how it really captures their lives.  I don't think I'll do that, but I need to pull my camera out not just when something is going on but just because...to capture the little moments.

8 comments:

Genn said...

Hi Kelli!
Kids are way smarter than we give them credit for sometimes!!
Good luck learning your camera! It's so fun.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Yes, kids are very very smart. Too smart. I've got to be more careful ;)

I really feel there is no better way to learn your camera than to use it regularly. I've taken classes, and used forums and those have been very helpful, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to use it and learn it for yourself. You will love it!

Kelli W said...

That Caleb is such a smartie! I need to be better at taking pictures just because. I do really good for a while and then my camera collects dusts for days at a time:)

amy said...

I can't believe it is May already as well. Goodness. Goodness!

Joanna said...

It is May and wow, time is flying! We have only a few short weeks left of school and we will be ready for Summer!

Kids are far more smarter than we give them credit for. They think outside the box at times and have some awesome ideas/plans.

Heart n Soul said...

Hello..good for you with the camera learning...putting it up on your blog ensures there will always be family pics...some how getting them printed off just never seems to happen.

Rach said...

I KNOW my kiddos are smarter than me. Just ask them. ;o) Seriously, though, I often find myself not giving Lil enough credit either. They are great problem solvers.

And, yes, can it really already be May?!? Wow time is flying!

carissa said...

Kids always remind me not to underestimate them! They're smart lil things!

I love how Lemonade Makin Mama takes pictures, too. She's good! Have fun learning your camera.