Monday, May 30, 2011

miscellany monday (evening)

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1.  Long time, no talk...this past week was absolutely crazy.  I got really sick, but now I'm feeling a lot better.  Since then we've been up to a thing or two:

2.  My not-so-little brother...is 20!  We drove up to Cleveland on Sunday to attend his birthday party.  My dad and Renee's house was packed!! 
 These two are super close and I think it's adorable.

My dad doing his thing on the grill.  This was wonderful of him because it was really hot outside.  The burgers and chicken were delicious.
 
These two were in town from California...my cousins Britney and Martin.  When my dad and Renee got married Britney was 3 and Martin was only a few months old.  They have grown into two beautiful young people...I adore them (and their parents!).

3. March...march.  Today Jamison was in her first parade with her Girl Scout Troop.  She did an amazing job, though I didn't get a good picture of her marching.  I did get this picture of her before dropping her off at the staging area:


4.  My Homies.  Most of my closest friends are friends I've had for years and years...and then there are these two.  Tonya and Katie are indeed true friends.  They are my spiritual shoulders to lean on, friends who will tell me if I have something between my teeth, and two people who I can be completely me with.

Tonya had a cookout at her house today and she smoked her first brisket...it was amazing :)

9 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!! I'm praying for ya :)

We had brisket this weekend. Yum Yum!

Sarah said...

Is it just me, or do you and your brother look A LOT alike? Great pictures!

Kelli W said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! Jamison looks so cute in her hat:) I bet she had a great time at the parade! It looks like you have two really great friends!

amy said...

Yeah for weekends with family, parades and friends!
(Jamison=adorable!)
Glad you are feeling better and just in time to enjoy all of this!

The Starr Family said...

I know you were sick, but you went to Cleveland and didn't stop in Wooster??? :)

Thankful for you & your health!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Awww, good friends are hard to come by! Looks like you had an amazing {and busy!} week!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm kinda out of the blog loop ;)

Kim3278 said...

Yay for good weekends. I am so glad you are feeling better!!!! I can do without the brisket though:) LOL. Was there guac at this party?

Rach said...

Hooray for feeling better! :o)

Your family time looks like it was amazingly fun. Brien was like your dad was, grilling out in the way-too-hot heat (almost 100 yesterday!). We had a pork roast instead of brisket, hee hee. ;o)

I'm SO glad you're back, I've missed you!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

So glad that you're feeling better and are up and around to enjoy your family and friends. :)