Monday, May 16, 2011

miscellany monday

 Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1.  Fruit Snacks...yum!  I realized this weekend that not all fruit snacks are created equal.  I like Betty Crocker fruit snacks better than any other, especially Kellogg's.  Since I've made this discovery I have been sneaking Caleb's fruit snacks and might have eaten them all...maybe.  How's that for random?

2.  It's time to party!  That is what it has felt like the last couple of months.  Everyone is having a party, whether it's a Tastefully Simple party (I was invited to two!), a Pampered Chef party (I went to one and am invited to another in June), or a thirtyone gifts party (that I had to miss over the weekend because I was sick).  It must be that time of year to gather things for teachers, summer parties, etc.  I've been having fun though...even if my wallet has not :)

3.  Summer reading list.  I'm getting together my Summer Reading list.  Over vacation I was able to rekindle my love for reading...I read two books.  I read Cross Fire by James Patterson and Ice Cold by new-to-me auther Tess Gerritsen (both highly recommended).  A few books that I want to read are Crazy Love, Radical, Calm my Anxious Heart, Lineage of Grace, another Tess Gerritsen book (The Surgeon looks good), and Primal (this one has been on my list for a while).  If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know!

4.  Choice night...sure!  I made up something called "Choice Night" where the kids get to pick what they want for dinner...from pancakes to a quesadilla.  They get SO excited about this and I giggle because I really created it for times when I don't feel like cooking...so really it's a win, win :)

9 comments:

Kelli W said...

I found out that I like one kind of fruit snacks better too:) But then I kept buying the kind I didn't really like because that way I don't want to eat all of them! Those little sucker have more than 100 calories per pack! I would much rather have some chocolate for that many calories:) I love choice night! We have breakfast for dinner night when I don't want to cook because I can make the boys a bowl of oatmeal and some toast quickly!

Rach said...

Oh, we call "choice night" "whatever night" in our house because you can have "whatever" you want. ;o)

Summer reading? Gonna try.

Parties? Haven't been to one in FOREVER. I guess that's what happens when you quit working outside the home--no one thinks to invite you. :oS

Fruit snacks? We don't really eat them here. I'm not sure why. Hm. BUT, I do have a mondo bag of gummi bunnies from Germany sitting on my island. Does that count? :oP

Conni said...

I did that last week while they were off for easter, gave them each anight to pick what was for supper.

Summer reading, anything by Debbie Macomber or Kristen Hannah

Miller Racing Family said...

I love fruit snacks. I will have to try the Betty Crocker brand.
I am trying to catch on reading right now. I just finished Joseph and will be done with Beth Moore's breaking free in a couple of weeks. I hope to read the Battlefield of the mind and Crazy Love as well this summer.
Hope all is well with you. Have a fabulous day!

Sarah said...

Choice night is a great idea. When I'm feeling lazy we just have breakfast for dinner and Celia thinks it's great.

Joanna said...

Slacking on blogging and commenting, so comment overload coming to you! :)

I love fruit snacks! I think I have to agree with you on the brand as well. I am picky when it comes to them.

How fun getting invited to all those parties!!

I have got several books in my Amazon shopping cart that I need to get ordered so that I can read them this summer. Plus I've got to find the Boxcar Children books. I started reading Kelsie one the other night and she has fallen in love! Guess we'll be spending a lot of time at the library!

Love the idea of choice night!

Carrie said...

We haven't had fruit snacks in awhile, but I'm not sure why...I always liked them too!

May has been a busy month for parties between those same ones you mentioned to graduation open houses and a bridal shower...the wallet is definitely lacking, ha!

I love your choice night! We have those more often than I care to admit :-). It's great to let the kids choose!

I am looking for some good reads to add to my Nook and those sound great! Right now I've started Have a Little Faith but I haven't gotten very far into it yet.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Choice night is brilliant!! What are you going to do if they choose fruit snacks and there aren't any....?

Angie said...

I love fruit snacks, and you are correct...they aren't created equal.

I really hope to read more this summer with Layla. I hope that if I do I will be a good example.

Choice night is a FAB idea...I may steal this from ya!