Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - January 11, 2010

For today...

Outside my window...COLD. I'm glad I'm inside today. It's pretty cloudy too...Winter is officially here.

I am thinking...about the fact that Caleb is doing well with potty training. He had been going off and on, but nothing consistent by any means. Ever since this weekend (with the help of my MIL) he's been going most of the time. I am so excited and we seem to be on the road to NO DIAPERS!!!

I am thankful...for all of you. Look at my left sidebar...100 Followers (the 100th person is my friend Melissa who is just starting to blog...how fitting). How cool that people are actually interested in reading what I have to say. I do plan on expanding things around here, like more crafting, stamping and recipes and taking you with my on my adventure in learning how to sew! So, thanks for reading!

I am praying...for focus (see my word).

I am reading...Twilight still. I guess I'm not as fast of a reader as I used to be. It's good so far and I love all of the details (that a movie just can't give you).

I know I told you I'd tell you about Captivating. I think I haven't because well...I didn't care for it that much. There, I said it and I hope I don't offend those of you who loved it. While it had some good points (and those good points were REALLY good!) I did not care for all of the movie and book references. I would have preferred more Scripture reference. Overall it was just OK to me.

I am hoping...to get some Valentine's Day activities organized. Valentine's Day is my FAVORITE holiday (yes, even more than Christmas...not more than the meaning of Christmas, just more than the holiday). I want to try do some fun crafts and decorations and share them with you (and maybe even a little giveaway).

From the kitchen...Leftover turkey (my MIL made turkey yesterday), breakfast (with bacon), and chicken tetrazzini (yes, I'm hooked!)

Around the house...I'm almost done with the kids' bathroom, I just have to do the letters! Then I'm going to participate in this challenge so I'll be in my room a lot this week.

One of my favorite things...Friends...and I got to see a lot of them this past weekend. My friend Tonya had a Stampin Up! party so I got to see friends there and then our friends Tim and Melissa had us over on Saturday night to play Wii. It was a fun Saturday!

A few plans for the rest of the week...See "around the house", think of some Valentine's Day crafts, go to a Women's OSU basketball game and play Wii with the family.

How is your day...share here.

13 comments:

Angie said...

YAY for 100 followers!

I just love reading your blog and really enjoy your crafty ideas!

I love V-day too, and can't wait to see what crafts and fun things you have in store!

Have a great week!

Kelli W said...

Congrats on 100 followers! I can't wait to see what you are going to start sewing! And I really like Valentine's Day too...except for when I'm on a diet...and this year I am! I may have to take that day off:)

Lyndsey said...

Yay for Caleb, such a big boy!

Unknown said...

Yay for 100 followers!

I can't wait to see what valentine crafts you come up with :)

Emily said...

Yay for 100! I'm not into Captivating either. You're right about not enough scripture references...that was one (of the many many many) reasons I didn't like The Shack either.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy the potty training years. You won't miss them I promise. Congrats on 100 followers!

My best, Lynn
*I'm in FL and tonight it's supposed to be 17 degrees!

Carrie said...

Woo-hoo on 100 followers! It's so fun to meet some really fun people! {I was excited that I had 10! haha!} Great news on Caleb, too...Alex was definitely a little more challenging than Emily was on potty training...and other things too! Girls and boys are so different! Sounds like you have some fun things planned! I love Valentine's day too, but never seem to make time for crafts...I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Woohoo! 100 followers! I'm always amazed that I have anyone following my ramblings. And yay for potty training! :)

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, 100 followers how cool is that. I always enjoy stopping by your blog each day. You bring such a smile to my face.
We are just about done with diapers. We have been using pull ups at night but we decided that no more diapers for Trey only the baby (this was Trey's idea). So far no accidents, yahoo.
Have a fabulous day!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love your SWDB posts Kelli! I love coming over to see what you've been up to! I can't wait to see your bathroom - how fun!

XOXO
jen

ohio12 said...

100 followers is really impressive!

You are very astute about Captivating. I did get some things out of it, but read some reviews from respected Christian theologians and they said exactly what you said.."since when are movies are source over scripture?"

Thanks again for the camera advice. It may be on hold for a bit due to more car repairs, but I am still looking.

phasejumper said...

Can't wait to see your Valentine's ideas!

Unknown said...

Wow- almost out of diapers- I remember that day with my older 2. NOw I feel like I am starting all over again!!!! Oh right, I am!!!!

Have a wonderful week my friend!!!

~Becca