Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - TUESDAY, December 15, 2009

For today...

Outside my window
...gloomy and cool. It is not as cold as it was last week but I hear that the temperatures are supposed to drop.

I am thinking
...about the simple things. Lately my To Do list has gotten a lot longer and instead of tackling it, I've been...well slacking. I've been slacking way too long and then I end up freaking out because there's so much to do. Yesterday I made a huge list of things that need to be done so that Rondell, Aunt Roni and I can tackle the house. I've realized that if I just do little things at a time the whole list will eventually come together.

So, yesterday Rondell unattached the hoses outside and I finally bought bath mats for our bathroom and the kids' bathroom (I'm excited that I'll be able to post about those soon). Today I'm going to bagged up all of the clothing that needs to be donated. Simple.

I am thankful for...
my aunt's willingness to help me tackle my master To Do list.

I am reading...
Captivating. It is really good.

I am hoping...
still for that sewing machine for Christmas. Maybe if I post about it enough a loving person will buy it for me!

From the kitchen...
no clue. We've been eating a lot of simple meals. Last night we had fish sticks. I do see potato soup in my future from a recipe I saw here.

Around the house...
see the "thinking" section above.

One of my favorite things...
winning blog giveaways! I just won this giveaway and I can't be more excited. It is a perfect combination of two things I love...totes and Stampin Up!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Make cookies, tackle To Do list, go to Jamison's two chorus performances, help with Jamison's winter party at school and make a few crafts.

Go here to see other daybooks.

6 comments:

KTW said...

We've been doing the simple dinners thing, too. :) Today I have mixed up a couple of different cookie doughs and stashed them in the fridge. Hopefully I'll get a couple more mixed up before the day is done. I like having them ready and then whenever I have a few minutes, I can bake as many as I like. And as long as you're simplifying, be sure you pick up some Reynold's Release or some parchment paper to line your cookie sheets. Makes clean-up a breeze! With the Release, you can line the sheet once and use that sheet of foil for the entire batch of dough. :)
Have a blessed Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tackling your list. I have quite a long list of my own since I've done nothing this month thanks to the 3 week cold I had. Lots of catch up but fun stuff too!

Lyndsey said...

Ok really, how many things can one person win?! :) I am impressed by your luck!

Kelli W said...

I work much better if I have a to do list to cross things off of! Congrats on winning the giveaway...it is so much fun to win stuff and then get mail!

Carrie said...

Sounds a little like around here :) I just filled 3 bags full of clothes to be donated...I take so long to get rid of stuff! And yummy, potato soup! I've only made that a couple of times...and i need to add that to our menu soon! Hope you get that sewing machine, that would be so nice! I don't have one either...is anybody else reading this? haha!

nest of posies said...

i do hope you get a sewing machine for christmas! everytime i break my mom's out, i am thankful & depressed all at the same time. i wish i would of paid more attention to when she was trying to show me the ropes of sewing.

have a lovely weekend!