Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Two Great Reads


Over the past couple of weeks I have read two great books. The first book is Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. My friend Karynda recommended this book to me and it was wonderful. The book is based on the story of Jesus coming to Mary and Martha's house in Bethany and how very differently each sister responded. Martha was busy arranging everything, food, bedding, drinks, etc while Mary was at Jesus' feet listening. Basically the book talks a lot about having an intimate relationship with Christ. It is a must read for all of us busy woman who are trying to accomplish that goal.
The chapter that stuck out to me the most was concerning worrying. I am a HUGE worrier (shh Ron), so this chapter really hit home for me but with improvement, which is important!
So, if you're looking for a good pick me up, with a little conviction this is the book for you.

The other book that I read (in two days I may add) is Sail by James Patterson. I love almost anything he writes. He's the author for Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider (both made into movies). His books are very quick reads and if you're into suspicion and "who-done-its" then this book is for you. It's about a family who leaves for a two-month long vacation on their family yacht. Then mysterious things begin to happen and they are lost at sea, thought to be dead. But a message arrives (via a Coke bottle in the mouth of a huge tuna) that they are in fact alive...but how, and how did they end up in the dangerous situation that they are in. Dunh, dunh, dunh...


I love to read. It's relaxing and it also keeps my mind sharp (I truly believe that). So if you have any good suggestions out there is blog world let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat, Pray, Love is a rgeat book and easy read about life and fulfillment. Check it out!

Kelli said...

Kelli, I've heard that the Mary/Martha book is excellent. I'll go out and get it right away after I finish reading my "Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed World" by Jill Riggy book. You've inspired me to blog about this so stay tuned! :)