Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - December 28, 2009

For today...

Outside my window...snowy and grey. We got our snow yesterday, about 2-3 inches.

I am thinking...about my frustration with Jamison. She has been going through a not listening phase and speaking in a tone that is not appropriate. I can handle the normal kid not listening stuff but she is taking it to a whole new level. I have been in a lot of prayer to figure out what is going on with her and how to teach her to be kind to others (especially her brother).

I am thankful...for a joyous Christmas.

I am praying...for parenting guidance.

I am reading...Captivating...still. I haven't had time to read but I plan on it this week now that the holiday hustle is over.

I am hoping...that Kroger makes turkeys after the holidays. I am having a big dinner on New Year's Day and I want to have turkey, but I'm not brave enough to make it myself. I know that Kroger (our local grocery store) makes turkeys for the holidays and I hope they still will for New Years.

From the kitchen...I have no plans other than dinner for New Years...turkey (?), dressing, mac and cheese, green beans and sweet potato pie. YUM!

Around the house...the tree is down and the decorations are put away. Yes, we took it all down Saturday evening. The house was a mess and needed to be put back to normal. We organized the new toys and put some old toys in a box to be donated. Time to clean up for the New Year!!!

One of my favorite things...the faces of my family when they opened gifts they really liked.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Clean, organize, rest, hang out with Lyndsey/Amber and their families for New Year's Eve.

What's in your daybook?

14 comments:

KTW said...

I feel for ya on the parenting frustrations. That is a very tough stage to make it through. But I promise, it WILL get better. :)
And I'm totally with you on getting the house ready for the new year! All my stuff came down on Saturday except for the big tree and the village. Those are going today. Christmas is over and while I love to carry the message and meaning of it in my heart throughout the year, I'm ready for the 'fussiness' of it to be stored away for 11 months! ;)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I love Christmas, but I think it takes a toll on the kids sometimes. Sierra has not been very kind to Makenna lately, and it seems like it's due in part to lack of sleep and too much going on / straying from our normal routine. I hope things improve with Jamison. We took our tree down on Saturday too. It was just time to get back to "normal" :)

schwadette said...

hey girlie - check city bbq for a turkey too. not sure if they do it year round, but i know they do for the holidays..... :)

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to your post. I feel for you concerning the naughtiness. When my boys get sassy, my first words are: EXCUSE ME? If they don't take the hint, they get a privilege taken away. As far as the sibling rivalry . . . who knows, we have a ton of it at our house with the four boys.

I am ready to get my Christmas tree down and everything organized in the boys' rooms.

There is too much to do and not enough energy to do it.

Brittany said...

Kelli- you read ALL of my favorite books! :) LOVE Captivating!

Kelli W said...

I really want the boys to see some snow this year...or next year:)I've done a turkey once before. It wasn't really hard, but it wasn't easy either! Hopefully Kroger still has some! I can't believe all your decorations are down...all that is down at our house are the stockings!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Ooooh Turkey on new Years sounds great!!

I keep thinking about reading Captiviating... everyone I know has read it!

Blessings sweetie,
Sasha

Courtney said...

Hi Kelli!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your week and get some rest and relaxation! Christmas time can certainly be draining. :)

Angie said...

I am having issues with Layla also...she is such a sassy pants. It drives me crazy...and she picks on her little brother also. I have really enjoyed Gary doing most of the parenting lately since I am recovering from surgery. He helps to put her in her place.

I'll pray that we both get through this girly stage and hope that they can get back to their sweet girly selves.

I'm thinking I am ready to get the decorations down also...now that there are no gifts Hayden climbs behind the tree...arghhh! Will you come take mine down?

Hope you find your turkey...I am doing a ham...I love ham for newyears!!!!

Anonymous said...

My today book is to find activities for BOTH my toddlers while my oldest is out of school for the next 2 weeks. FL takes their vacations seriously... :o)

My best, Lynn
*hey, I've got some giveaways for you, stop on by...

Unknown said...

It happens to me a lot- just when you get so tired of the behavior, they stop it. I guess it is just being a kid and testing the limits!

Happy New Year!

~Becca

Miller Racing Family said...

I totally agree with you about the house having to get back to normal. We had all of our Christmas down on Saturday, the boys both say the house looks cleaner. I miss all the lights but that will pass. Have a restful week.

Emily said...

I'm reading Captivating too. Sad to say, so far, I'm not really buying it. :(

Bobbi & Noe said...

Capitvating, is one of my favorite books. It really spoke to my soul!