Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday

On Sunday while the kids were at Rondell's mom's house, Rondell and I tackled a few things on my To Do list. It was fun because Rondell was the one who initiated our cleaning. Thanks Ron!
The first thing we did was clean out our front closet. I've been wanting to do this for a while and I'm so glad it's done. It only took us about 15 minutes to clean out, so that was good. Below is the after picture:

Nothing fancy, just cleaned out. We threw away phone books, papers, shoes that were too small and damaged, and we took off all of the coats so we can wash them (that's why you see a bunch of empty hangers). In the basket I keep hats, scarves and gloves for the winter. It helps to keep things in order.

Here's a picture of all the trash we threw away.

I'm so happy to have been able to tackle another To Do item. Go to 5 Minutes for Mom for more.

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Good job! So glad to see you are getting so much of your "101 Things" done!

annies home said...

what a great job you all did

Joanna said...

Great job! I have got to get to cleaning out our hall closets, but I have no other storage areas...They look horrible!

na said...

That is wonderful! Great tackle!

Angie said...

I bet it feels great! I love that feeling of YAY...clean closets :)

Unknown said...

I love that feeling of accomplishment!

~Becca

Brandi said...

That is great! I don't have my tackle pictures on there yet...I am tackling lots of projects so I haven't decided which one I am going to post! :)

Carrie said...

Such a good feeling to clean out old things! Looks great! It's amazing how much trash we can accumulate...I know we have LOTS around here....yikes!

JennyMac said...

Excellent work!

Miller Racing Family said...

Looks wonderful. Less is more.
I did major cleaning this spring and oh how I love the clean closet.

AudreyO said...

Nice job. I'm big on cleaning out and throwing out. We are moving, so once again we are thinning out. I just refuse to pack those things we don't use.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Doesn't it feel great to get things clean and organized? Yesterday was spent cleaning carpets, mopping floors, and generally cleaning. And how wonderful for your husband to help you! :)

Heidi Boos said...

I love a good cleaning session. I'm due for a little organization around here!