Monday, December 1, 2008

If I Can Make It, You Can Make It Monday - Evening Edition

For my birthday, belated, my mom made me Banana Split Cake. I love this dessert. She made it at my house and while doing so we realized that the filling does not have to be beaten by hand for 20 minutes, but that my mixer does the job just fine (you'll see)!

Banana Split Cake (sorry, no picture)
Two pie crusts (Pillsbury works just fine)
2 sticks of butter
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
2 eggs
1 20oz can of crushed pineapple
3 or 4 bananas
1 medium container of Cool Whip
Maraschino cherries
Line 9x13 dish with pie crusts. Bake according to directions for pie shell. Let cool completely.
Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and eggs and mix for 15-20 minutes until the consistency turns more custard-like (this is where we used to do it by hand, whew!)
Spread mixture over pie crust.
Drain pineapple and spread over mixture. Slice bananas and place on top of pineapple.
Spread Cool Whip on top.
Top with cherries.
Let chill for about two hours.
ENJOY!
NOTE: Of course you can add more or less of the fruit, depending on your taste.

No comments: