Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

This year we had a very low key Christmas and we enjoyed every minute! On Christmas Eve my mom, her sisters and cousin came over to our house for dinner. For as long as I remember Christmas Eve was always celebrated at my great-grandmother's house. Since she past away last year I decided to have everyone over to our house this year. It was very nice to get together and keep the tradition of us getting together on Christmas Eve going. We had great food too, turkey, ham, dressing, mac and cheese, greens...and my mom made a 5-flavor pound cake, it's her specialty.


Here's Caleb opening Aunt Tammy's gift, a truck...perfect.

Aunt Roni gave Caleb this toy and it was a hit with him too!
Jamison and Clarissa, my Aunt Tammy's daughter. I don't know why Jamison doesn't look at the camera.

Uncle Bobby bouncing Caleb. You can tell he was having a ball.


For that past couple of years my mom has spent the night on Christmas Eve to wake up with us on Christmas morning. It works out really well.

This year we were even able to video tape the kids opening their gifts. They say some really cute things and it was great to be able to capture that on film.

Here's Caleb and his new Little Einsteins laptop. He loves it.

Jamison let me wear this crown that went to her doll because she told me that I'm the queen. She took this picture of me.

Here's Jamison posing with her gifts.

After opening gifts my mom made breakfast...french toast, eggs and bacon, YUM! Then basically the rest of the day we played with toys and just enjoyed being with one another. It was nice not to have to go anywhere. That evening we drove around to see all of the lights in our neighborhood. It was a nice way to end a great day.

How did you spend Christmas?

No comments: