Monday, March 28, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday, March 28, 2011

For today...

Outside my window...Blue skies and cold, cold.  While I'm still annoyed with the cold weather I'm very grateful to have the sun shining.
 
I am thinking...that it has been a really long time since I've done this post and I've kind of missed it.  I need to find a way to incorporate it maybe on a different day or with my miscellany monday posts because I love those too.

I am thankful for...the fact that Rondell's mandatory is overtime is over.  He has had to work both weekend days for the last three weeks.  It will be nice to have him home this weekend :)
 
From the kitchen...baked ziti and potato soup.  I made both last night so we'd have dinner and lunch for a few days.  Once again too, Rondell packed up some ziti for me to take to work this morning and it was so nice...so easy.  Thanks Ron.

I think we're also going to have chicken club wrap and pigs in a blanket...simple.

I am wearing...long sleeves because it is cold outside.  I can't wait for shorts weather.

I am creating...new cards with more embellishments.  I'll be sure to share with you once I start playing around some more.  I'm also thinking of opening an etsy shop for my cards, but I have to see what all goes into it.

I am going...straight home to pick up Jamison for Girl Scouts and then to Bible Study...well, after work.

I am reading...Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua.  It's a book my step-mother let me borrow about a Chinese mother and how she raises her children in comparison to mothers in the US.  It's very interesting and thought provoking.

Around the house...it's Spring cleaning season.  This week I will be tackling the kitchen...washing cabinets, cleaning off the microwave stand, cleaning out the fridge and freezer, pulling out the food in the cabinet and rearranging, etc.

One of my favorite things...open windows.  I love to have fresh air entering our home!

Share what's in your book here.

7 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Heard about that book and it certainly sounds interesting. I saw the author interviewed, and her daughters said they are grateful for being raised that way. hmm.

I love that way you and Ron are such a team. You are clearly best friends. So sweet. :)

Faith said...

I enjoyed your daybook and I too love open windows...still too cold in my part of NYS for that tho :(
I saw that book at B&N and wondered how it was.....sounds good! Maybe I'll add that to my "want to read" list! and yay for after work Bible studies...mine is next Thursday evening and I can't wait!!
enjoy your week.....

Genn said...

Hi Kelli!
I'm sick and tired of it being cold here too! It's rained 8 out of the past 9 days! I am sick sick sick of it.
It puts me in a bad mood. ;)

He & Me + 3 said...

It was beautiful and cold here today too. I opened my windows once since october. I need fresh air in my house. I love open windows too. Yum to potato soup!

Joanna said...

It's so hard for me to imagine cold weather anywhere when we are so humid {sticky!} and very warm here. It's miserable already here so I can only imagine what June/July is going to feel like.

I love fresh air as well. However, we skipped over the whole "open windows" season this year and jumped straight to pollen/allergy too warm season. Blah.

An Etsy shop isn't hard to get started. I think it would be a wonderful idea. Or you could just sell them here on your own blog on your sidebar some place. {just a thought}

Carrie said...

I've missed these posts too! I loved seeing the sun again today...but it was deceiving...its so cold outside!

Yummy meals...I haven't made ziti in awhile...I will have to this week!

I've seen that mom on the Today show...I don't think I can be that hard on our kids...not in everything! But it would be interesting to see how her kids are when they are moms!

I need to Spring clean, but I have no motivation :-( Can't wait for Spring to actually get here though!

Have a great week!

Kelli W said...

I totally need to get into spring cleaning mode, but it is just not happening right now! And YAY for blue skies even if it is cold outside...that is better than rainy and cold! You need to share how you make baked ziti. I picked up a ton of pasta and sauces at Target this weekend because they were on sale:)