Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mi Casa Es Su Casa!

This past weekend I hosted an Open House.  I'm debating about whether or not to continue my roll as a Stampin Up! demonstrator, but there are a few things I want to try before making that decision...the Open House was one of them.  I emailed friends and put a message out on Facebook to try and get guests.

It didn't turn out how I had hoped, but it was still a great time because I truly got to enjoy the people who were there.  5 of my friends stopped by and it was fun showing them all of my "toys" and showing them how to make a simple card.

I didn't take any pictures during the Open House, but here's my set-up:

 I set up a table that had catalogs, information about joining a Hostess Club and a few other things...
...including cards ready for sale...each divided into different categories like Thinking of You, Thank You & Birthday.  I have some leftover that I'll be able to use at an upcoming craft show that I'm participating in at Jamison's school.
 I also made these little cards showing each one of SU's Color Collections.  I will be able to use these at my upcoming craft fair.
 Here's how the table was set up...a sheet of Grid Paper and a card kit for each person.  I set out different stamp sets and inks for people to try.
Here's the card I created for everyone to make.  I used my newest paper Peach Parfait and my favorite DSP, Sunny Garden.

So there you have it...my first Open House :)

13 comments:

Kelli W said...

Your displays look so good! And that card is awesome...I love the brackets! I hate that it didn't turn out like you wanted, but I'm glad you had a good time anyway!

Joanna said...

Sorry it didn't turn out the way you'd had hoped. If I would have been living closer, I would have came! :-) However, you had it all organized and set up so perfectly. Good luck with the craft fair at Jamison's school!!

LeAnna said...

You had everything all laid out perfect! Too bad about the turnout, I've heard great things about Stampin' Up!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Sorry about the turnout, but glad that you tried it out anyway. I certainly would have joined in! :)

Rach said...

Well poop that it didn't go as you had planned. That stinks.

And, it's a real shame since your house and set up look WONDERFUL. I would have loved to have come--well, except for that 12 hour drive, of course. ;o)

The card? LOVE it! Peach Parfait is such a wonderful color (not as wonderful as Daffodil Delight, of course ;oP) and Oh how I adore Sunny Garden. :o)

The Starr Family said...

Its quality, not quantity right? Thankful you had a great time with friends... don't lose hope, just gain more wisdom from HIM. He'll guide you and help you make your decision!

Brittany said...

Ugh- I am KICKING myself for not making it. :( I am SO sorry. I had puking kiddos (as I am sure you saw on Facebook). Please have another one! Looks amazing!

Katie said...

You always make such lovely things with your Stampin' Up products! Maybe you haven't found the right bunch of crafty ladies to have as your core group of customers. I know I'd have a hard time making any money with that kind of business, I've thought about selling Close to My Heart or Stampin' Up more than once but I think I'd just end up with an even bigger stash!

Miller Racing Family said...

Looks like a fun time. I loved how you had an area for people to try out the products. The sick card just put a smile on my face.
Blessings!

Heidi Boos said...

Hi Kelli,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are thinking of quitting Stampin' Up!, but I also know the struggles of putting all the effort, time, and money into something that doesn't yield better results. I do hope you are able to stick with it!! The card is great...and the set up looks good! I'm glad to hear that you were able to still have a good time with the friends that came.

Hang in there!!

~Heidi

Unknown said...

I am sorry it wasn't what you had wanted - t looked like a great setup! If only I lived closer!!!

Love the new font! SO cute!!

~Becca

Genn said...

Your setup looks so nice and so organized Kelli! Handmade cards are so thoughtful.

So to answer your Q about the pizza dough... no! I cheat and buy a whole wheat dough from Trader Joe's. It is really good so I figure why not skip that step and just use the ready made one, right?!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

If I didn't live on the other side of the country, I totally would have come to your open house! I never do things the proper way, and I would have loved to have some instruction as to how to do it correctly!
:)