Friday, June 26, 2009

Thanking God on Friday

- I am thankful for Michael Jackson's music. To me, he was the greatest entertainer of all time. He will be missed but his music will last forever.

- I thank God for well-behaved children. The other evening a friend of ours came over to tell us about his involvement with Campus Crusade for Christ. He was there for 2 hours and my children behaved so well the entire time. If Jamison had something to say she would say "excuse me" (we've been really working on that). Their presence was known but they were not running all over, tearing things apart, taking advantage of the fact that our attention was directed away from them. I was so thankful.
- I am thankful for lists. Over vacation I realized that I was doing too much at once. I'm typically a huge list maker but lately I have not been keeping up and things were getting out of control. I would start things and not finish or try to do multiple projects at once. Now I'm getting back into listing and doing one thing at a time...like finishing Caleb's life verse (see below).

- I am thankful for relaxing Friday evenings. For as long as I can remember, Friday evenings have been the time to relax and refresh from the week. My mom and I used to always get pizza and chill out. Every once in a while we will do something on a Friday night, but for the most part we are at home relaxing and having some quality family time. I am looking forward to that this evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am a list maker! It just seems that more gets done when a list has been made and is checked off one item at a time.

Down time is SO Needed for a busy Mom. I am glad you are able to have a bit of time to yourself!

Joanna said...

I was online when the news started breaking about MJ. I was like no way. I started watching CNN and it pretty much stayed on the entire evening. I wasn't really a fan of his but I did like some of his songs, especially the 80's stuff. But I found myself tearing up as they were talking about his life and how they had hoped that this upcoming tour would be his turnaround. Apparently he has been lonely over the last few years. So sad....

I need to get to making lists...I find myself starting projects and then not finishing those and picking up others to start. It's just a mess.

Wow, that's awesome about your kids! Mine are the exact opposite, they would have been the ones running around screaming!! With my oldest one in the lead.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I felt bad because the news first hit that MJ was "rushed to the hospital" and my first thought was: "Again? What now you big Drama Man Child?" I felt pretty crummy when I heard he died. Very uncharitable of me.

Good job to Mr. C and Miss J. being such amazing kiddos! Have a wonderful, relaxing evening tonight. :)

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great thankful list.
Doesn't it just make you so proud when your kids are well behaved.
I love your idea on relaxing Fridays. Sometimes we get so busy doing things that we forget what is really important.
Have a great weekend!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Thankful for Fridays - we watch a movie and eat pizza every Friday. We've been doing it for years. It's so fun.

Xazmin said...

Loved your thankful list. So fun to read what's in other's hearts.

I too was a fan of Michael's music, hopefully he has much more peace now.