Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - June 1, 2009

For today...

Outside my window...partly cloudy. It rained earlier today but it's clearing up a bit now.

I am thinking...about the great time I had this weekend. I will do a post later this week about my trip...I had some camera issues so I had to get a disposable and now I have to take it and get pictures on a disk.

I am thankful for...great friends. There's nothing like true friends who are there for you no matter what, who can make you laugh like no one can, and who can tell you that you really shouldn't wear those shoes with that outfit!

From the kitchen...Tonight I'm making cabbage, noodles and smoked sausage with cornbread...yum. I also am making stuffed shells this week, didn't get around to that last week.

I am wearing...black and grey.

I am reading...7th Heaven by James Patterson. It is so good and I'm excited to be reading again. I'm sure I'll finish it in the next day or so.

I am hoping...to have a productive week.

I am creating...another To Do list. I have more stuff to add and things to cross off.

I am praying...for a new blog friend. She and her family had a fearful experience and I pray for God to give them comfort, peace and protection.

Around the house...Here are some things on my To Do list: clean garage, pull weeds (I swear they multiplied overnight), put winter clothes away, pull out and wash pool gear, clean carpet (didn't get to that because apparently my MIL was still borrowing ours)...

One of my favorite things...True friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Not many plans...maybe have friends over for dinner, garden and I hope to add the pool to the plans on Saturday!!!!!!

Tell me about you!

9 comments:

schwadette said...

is 7th heaven a library copy or your own?? i accidentally picked up the 6th one thinking it was new yesterday. DUH! glad you're home safe and sound! i'll let you know about dinner...

Choate Family said...

Especially thankful for long distance friends who connect through the internet and snail mail!

Auntie Q said...

I really enjoyed your daybook! Your dinner sounds really yummy!

Carrie said...

I love reading your lists! Really...I need help! I totally forgot to go somewhere today that was scheduled for awhile! {sigh!}

Pulling weeds used to be fun for me...but you're right, they are like rabbits...there are a million more the next day! How did I miss those?

Hope you get to the pool! Yahoo! Cannonball! LOL!

Jen said...

Hi Kelli - thanks for coming over to my blog to say hi and leave a comment! :D

Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Kelli!
Loved your SWDB post! Good friends are such a wonderful boost in life. I hope you had a wonderful time this weekend - I can't wait to see your pictures.

I am hoping to get to the pool soon too - yay!

XOXO
Jen

Jessica said...

Hello there! I am also a Patterson fan! : ) Love his books!

Heidi Boos said...

Always good to see what you're up to for the week! I really enjoy reading your Daybooks. Which I could get around to doing this...I know I keep saying that!

Thanks for coming on by my blog for Mod Podge Mania! Glad you like the frames...they're super easy!!

Katie said...

Not many plans, sounds like you have your hands full. Glad you had a great visit and can't wait to hear about and see it!