Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

Here are a few reasons why I'm thanking God this morning:
  • The sun is shining and it is supposed to be 80 today and through the weekend!
  • The week is over. I've had a rough two weeks and feel out of sorts for some reason. I think I just need to open the windows and get some fresh air, make a few lists, and cook a nice Sunday dinner...that'll make things better.
  • My mom is coming over tomorrow to work in the yard. We have some major clean up to do and I'm grateful that she's willing to help us...AND she even hired someone to do the major stuff. What a mom!
  • I only have 2 1/2 weeks until I sign up for our pool pass. We didn't get one last year (we got a pass to our local waterpark instead) and I missed going. I can't wait to pack a lunch and sit by the pool!
  • I realized this week that we don't have anymore payments for Jamison's school. In our district we have to pay for all-day Kindergarten.
  • A got a nice, genuine hug from a new friend yesterday. I needed that!
  • All of my Pay it Forward friends got their packages and they liked their gifts...YEAH!
  • Did I already say that the sun is shining?

Why are you thankful?

11 comments:

Kelli said...

I love my gifts and I can tell that you were thoughtful in choosing them. I am thankful for my friends, new and old, who support me with their genuine love and prayers.

Joanna said...

Oh yes, most def...loved the gifts!

80's here as well! Thanking the man up above for that. And no lower then the 60's at night here. Meaning the pool water will be warm in just a week or so!! I am super excited about it.

We have some more yard work to do this weekend too. I am happy the weekends finally here but dreading what we gotta do. I would rather be soaking up some sun.

Ya'll have a fabulous weekend!!

Oh, and most def add the Twilight series to your reading list. It's so good. I am excited about getting the 2nd book tonight!

schwadette said...

sister - i know what you mean about being out of sorts... can totally relate. We totally need a girls night! :) I miss you!!!!! how awesome that mom hired out for the hard stuff!! LUCKY! are you going to be at servefest tomorrow??

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a great list of things you're thankful for! (I can hear the splashing in the pool and smell the chlorinated water drying on the hot concrete of the pool deck)
Come on summer!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I can so agree to being thankful for the sun shining! Splashing pool would be a plus too!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Kelli!
What great reasons to smile! We have a local pool and I can't wait to start going either.

I love Fridays too!

XOXO
Jen

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am thankful it's Friday and we have a weekend ahead of us. That my windows are open right now and that my deck is starting to get spruced up for warm weather. I hope you have a great weekend Kelli!
Carrie

Xazmin said...

Yay for sunshine and yay for weekends!

Although our forcast is rainy! At least it's not snow for once!

I hope you have a great weekend and next week finds you "back in sorts"!

Xazmin

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great list. Isn't it great to sometimes take a moment and see what we have to be thankful for.
The 80's, how we have all be longing for those days. We have also had a warm weekend really windy but glad to have the sunshine. I also love how your mom is going to help with the yard work, I know how overwhelming getting the yard back in order can be!
Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

Unknown said...

So ready for the pool too! I hope you had a great weekend!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Definitely love my gifts -- thanks so much! Hope you had a great and productive weekend!