Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - April 13

For today...

Outside my window...this morning there was the most beautiful sunrise. Rondell and I come to work really early so we were able to see it on the way in. Lots of oranges, reds, pinks and purples. Stunning...God is amazing!

I am thinking...that I'm in a slump. I just haven't been myself when it comes to cute, thoughtful things. Like yesterday, I didn't even have the kids' gifts in an Easter basket. As a matter of fact, I didn't give Jamison her gifts until the end of the day and I have yet to give Caleb his. I know this is SO not the meaning of Easter but I still like to do fun things for my kiddies. I was the same around Valentine's Day where I didn't have little gifts or candies. I hope to get out of this slump soon!

I am thankful for...Christ, dying for you and me so that our slates could be wiped clean.

From the kitchen...The meals planned this week are conies, chicken enchiladas, and maybe homemade pizza.

I am wearing...Red and pink.

I am reading...Working my way through Numbers...Moses just gave Joshua some of his authority.

I am hoping...that my sister has a good time when she comes to visit this week. It's her Spring break and she decided that she wanted to come and stay with us. I may let Jamison miss a day of school in order to spend some extra time with her (shh...don't tell).

I am creating...little packages to send to my Pay it Forward friends!

Around the house...not much going on. I think we'll take in easy this week.

One of my favorite things...Rondell being off on a Sunday!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Relax and hang out with Toshianna. We'll probably go get ice cream at Graeter's one night. I'm also going to a BSF seminar on homiletics.

What about you?

2 comments:

Jerralea said...

Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for "Christ, dying for you and me so that our slates could be wiped clean."

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Heidi Boos said...

Don't worry about the "slump", Kelli! It doesn't have to be all cutesy all the time. :) I try to tell myself this quite often!! Our children just love that we spend time with them!

Have a great week!