Monday, November 10, 2008

If I Can Make It, You Can Make It Monday

I decided to start adding something to blog to keep things interesting. So, I came up with "If I can make it, you can make it Monday." Each Monday I will post a recipe that I make all of the time or a new recipe that I've recently tried. The following recipe is one that I got from my friend Lyndsey. Now I make it a lot when we have appetizers (have I mentioned that I LOVE appetizers). My mother in-law has even requested that I make it for Thanksgiving. I'm honored!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3 or 4 chicken breasts shredded (I usually boil mine for about 20 minutes and then shred)
2 blocks of cream cheese (softened for easier mixing)
1 container of blue cheese crumbles
4 oz of hot sauce (you can use more if you like it really spicy)
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese

Combine chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese and hot sauce in a bowl and mix well

Pour in a oven safe dish (I use a casserole dish)

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes; then added cheddar cheese and bake for another 15 minutes

Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! *(or you could just eat it with a spoon like Rondell!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right, chips just get in the way.

Ms. Tee said...

I stumbled upon your blog from another one - my family loves chicken wings and buffalo dip. I'll definitely have to make this recipe. :)

AJ said...

Well, thanks for stopping by and leaving me encouraging words:) I just keep thinking, this too shall pass!
I've made a similar version of this recipe and it.is.so.yummy!!!
Also, had to comment of Giardano's! Love it!! We have one right down the street from us:)
Your kids are cuties!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yum Yum Yum!!! I love this dip! I might have to make it this weekend for football on Sunday! :)
Carrie

Ruth Ann said...

OOOH that sounds sooo good! I'll have to try it! Maybe I'll make some for Thanksgiving too! Do you have to add the bleu cheese?
By the way, I went to Hocking Hills Ohio. Have you ever gone there? We had a great time!
And great idea with the Monday recipe posts! I look forward to reading many more!

Lily said...

Just wanted to offer a shortcut to make this dip even easier: If you use Swason canned white meat chicken it's low fat, lower cal and it has all white breast meat! Then you're saved the time and $$$ from buying, cooking, and shredding your own. I work with Swason and we use this in our recipe and have been getting tons of compliments!