Thursday, April 1, 2010

All Things Loved in March

1. Coming up with this idea. I may have to paint the kitchen sooner than planned (right now June is the plan).

2. Saying goodbye to this scene:

And hello to this scene:


3. Vitamin water. I've been familiar with this before but for some reason I got really into drinking it this month (it was probably the great sale that Kroger had on it this month). The flavor is really good and it satisfies my thirst (and keeps me away from Coke...I'm trying to cut back).

4. Finding this steak fajita meat recipe:

2 lbs beef round steak
2 packs fajita seasoning mix
1 onion, thickly sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1/2 cup of water

Rinse steaks with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of steaks with 1 packet of fajita seasoning. Slice into strips; set aside. Add vegetables to a 5-quart slow cooker. Toss with remaining packet of fajita seasoning. Add steak strips on top of vegetables. Pour in water. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

Serve with tortillas and desired toppings...Delicious and so tender (thanks to my Aunt Cheryl).

This post was inspired by All Things G&D.

9 comments:

Joanna said...

I am so happy that the weather is warm and the flowers are blooming!! Ahhh. Spring!

That's great on the coke! Way to go. I have been drinking lot's of flavored water too. : )

Ohhhh. Ok. I am having those fajitas, soon. Like probably next week!

Anonymous said...

Have never tried the vitamin water. Maybe will give it a try!

Yummy fajitas!

carissa said...

ooh, these are great things!!! vitamin water, for some reason, just fits with spring! i have been craving some fajitas... you're a doll for posting this recipe. : ) thanks a ton!

Kelli W said...

Your flowers are so pretty! I planted four in pots on my front porch and they are already brown:( I've never had vitamin water, but the colors are pretty...and probably way better than coke!

Emily said...

I've heard good things about that Vitamin water but haven't tried it. Is it high calorie or sweetened with Splenda?

Anonymous said...

Aren't you so glad that the cold weather is behind us for now? I love the spring. It's my favorite season where there's new beginnings blossoming everywhere. And, with new beginnings comes hope!

Take good care, Kelli, and thank you so much for the love and support you've shown me during my dark time. I appreciate you so much. Love you and God bless!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I am so glad spring is here as well! Vitamin Water is the best, I was really into it during my pregnancy.

Miller Racing Family said...

The recipe looks wonderful. I will have to give it a try.
You know that I am with you on the nice weather. Goodbye snow and hello warm temps. Today was the first day of the yard sale and I couldn't have asked for nicer weather. We are thrilled to have the spring temps.
Hope you have had a fabulous Thursday!

Angie said...

Hello beautiful flowers...they are very pretty!