Monday, November 24, 2008

If I Can Make It, You Can Make It Monday

Toffee Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup of butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package of English toffee bits (you can also use chocolate covered if you really like chocolate)

Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
Add flour, baking soda and salt and beat well at reduced speed until well mixed.
Fold in toffee bits by hand.
Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Note: I sometimes sprinkle sugar on top right when they come out of the oven.

ENJOY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sound like the toffee blondies I am so in love with!! I'll have to try this.

Betsy said...

Sounds so tasty.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Cookies look good! I loved your last post (about the gray skies). I hear ya on that one girl! I get so sick of the "hazy shade of winter"!!!

J

schwadette1 said...

when do i get to try YOUR cookies????

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Look at there...Jodi has an actual username. I guess it's time that I remember mine.

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my shrimp recipe. Hope you enjoyed your visit! And these toffee cookies look delicious! I may have to expand my non-chef skills and attempt these--yum!