Monday, February 13, 2012

miscellany monday


Happy Monday Friends!  How was your weekend?  We had a pretty busy weekend...all fun stuff, but I kind of feel like I could use one extra day to recover.

The highlight of my weekend was getting to have a date with my hubby.  The kids were with my in-laws at a birthday party so we took advantage of the free time and went to The Cheesecake Factory.  It was so nice to sit, laugh, & chat (uninterrupted!).

So you remember my post when I was talking about Spring...well, snow made its appearance over the weekend.  It did not stick very much & I am not complaining.  I had to take pics in the backyard because pretty much all of the snow is gone in the front.  It was really cold all weekend long but it's supposed to warm up to the 40's this week.

This little guy is a Cars 2 racing maniac.  I truly believe that he could play this game non-stop all day long if we let him.  Apparently he reached another level this weekend because he was running all around the house telling us all about it.  I love to watch him concentration when he plays (the screaming...not so much).
  
My Top 5 is really working for me (and Amy!).  Now I'm not saying that I get everyone done everyday...as you can see 'Caleb's Valentines' is written twice.  I try to move any missed item to the next day if possible and that seems to be working so far.  Sometimes I start a Top 5 a few days out because there are times when I think of something, but it doesn't fit in that day's T5 so I just put it on another day.  Oh, and I have come to the conclusion not the have a Top 5 on Sundays.

Join Carissa and write random :)

5 comments:

carissa said...

yay for the date night! that is always so so special. we are feeling winter here now too. i'm enjoying it!

LeAnna said...

Woohoo for date nights!!! You seriously have the prettiest print handwriting, too!!! It snowed here last night, but now it's all melted. Going to be 50 tomorrow. Such a tease!

amy said...

I love date nights. I also love the Cheesecake Factory but we've only been twice. It is always packed with a super long wait. :)
I don't do the top 5 on Sunday's either. I didn't even think about it until you blogged it- :)

Summer said...

yay for date night! i am so glad for the white stuff in our front yard! i had planned on letting K slide down our hill on her penguin sled and she came down with the sickies...hope it snows again so we can do that! cute blog post and cute blog!

Kelli W said...

Kelli I am seriously jealous of your handwriting. I think I need to come visit and take a handwriting lesson from you:) I love your top 5 idea and I'm so glad it is working for you! I really need to give it a try too! And yay for date night...especially date night at The Cheesecake Factory! YUM!