Friday, February 10, 2012

{Friday Favorites} - Eager for Spring!



friday favorite things | finding joy

SPRING is getting closer...I can feel it.  We haven't had much of a winter (though we are supposed to get some snow tonight), but it is still nice to think about Spring and how giddy I get this time of year.

Here are a few things that I love (accompanied by a few pictures from when we were able to go outside the other day and enjoy some fresh air):

The tiny bursts of color

A fresh start...a clean slate

Open windows letting in fresh air!
Pulling toys/bikes/scooters out of the garage and breaking them in

The sound of laughter as the kids ride up and down the sidewalk

Reconnecting with neighbors that we have not seen during the Winter

Talks with my mom about what flowers to plant and where to plant them
Spring cleaning (and the PURGING that comes with it)!

Pulling out the grill for the first time of the season

Having it stay light longer into the evening

Breaking free from the winter coat

Driving with my windows down
Planning our Destin trip (we didn't think we would be able to go this year, but some things fell into place and we are able to make the trip!)

That first visit to the playground

Sunlight shining through my windows to help me take better pictures

 * Overall I feel like Spring is the time to stretch out and dust off the Winter...to breathe in a breath of fresh air :)

Friday Favorites...oh how I have missed you!

7 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

You have shoots coming from the ground!?!? I am so envious of that. Even though we haven't had much of a winter up here in Minnesota it will still be months before I get to see that lovely sight. And I cannot wait.

I have opened the window a couple times -- we've had some 40 degree days -- and that fresh air smells fabulous.

Love the pics of your family.

Glad you linked up. You're a friday favorite things original -- you encouraged me to keep going with it and all. And, now? It's almost been around for an entire year.

Crazy how time moves.

Bless you.

Rachel

Kelli W said...

We haven't had much of a winter either. It is in the 50's right now and I feel like I'm freezing because I got used to it being 70 outside:) We rolled the windows down in the car today...but only because I was sweating from jogging a mile! I am not looking forward to spring cleaning, but I really need to get started on it now. Have a great weekend Kelli!

schwadette said...

JEALOUS that you're going to make it to Destin... we're so NOT this year! :) i think you spoke too soon about spring...snow this weekend! YUCK!!

carissa said...

yes, i so love the fresh air spring brings!

i'm happy to hear you will get to go on your trip. i know how much you love that place!

amy said...

Beautiful fun we've had with our unseasonably warm weather, haven't we?!
I love this post. It is getting me all excited for spring, however, I do want one big snow before that comes. Just one.
A big YEAH for Destin!!!

Nancy said...

Yay for spring peeking through the ground! So excited for your trip. My brother in law and his family go to Destin and love it. I have never been but it must be fab. enjoy your weekend, my friend. xoxo

He & Me + 3 said...

I have to agree with you about spring. I love it for the stretching and cleaning and just the all around freshness that it brings. Like new birth so to speak. Right now though I am looking at 2 inches of snow. Yuck.