Tuesday, September 6, 2011

miscellany monday...or is it Tuesday?


** For some reason blogger is not allowing me to add the html for this link.. Join lowercase letters here.

1.  Weekend blogging.  I don't usually blog on the weekends so when there's a Monday holiday I usually extend that...hence the day late post.

2.  Good eatin'.  On Saturday my mom came over and made some delicious food.  First, she made a pork tenderloin.  Here it is marinating...
Then she made something called Texas Caviar...oh.my.  This stuff is DElicious...something yummy to snack on during the day (or late at night if you are that kind of snacker).  And can I tell you that this bowl takes me back because my mom has had it forever.
Here is the recipe (Mommy also added garlic and next time we will include cilantro)...you should absolutely try it:

3.  My new BFFs.  See this guy...
He and his wife are my new BFFs.  I work with his wife Anetia and I was talking to her one day about our siding that was blown off in a storm.  She offered to come over and help us...how nice is that?  She and her husband, Tony, came over yesterday and put up the pieces that were blown off and replaced some of the pieces that were torn.
The generosity of people warms my heart and I will be forever grateful for these two people.

4.  Grace.  Grace is what I am working to give more of to these two...
They need grace from me, they thrive on grace from me.  I tend to let life and stress and worries get in the way too often and then I end up snapping or being too distracted to give them the grace they need.  I need to be purposeful to sit, look them in the eye and listen to what they have to say and respond to their requests.  Dishes can wait, laundry can wait, worrying needs to stop in order to show them love, be silly with them, take time for the them.  I need to give them Grace as He gives me Grace.

Grace :)

8 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVEEEEE Texas Caviar. It is so good and refreshing! I do love it with garlic and cilantro! I haven't made it with the dressing...that sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it! Thank you so much for sharing. You know me I love new recipes ;)

I love pork tenderloin too. That sounds delicious!

Joanna said...

I have heard of this recipe but it was referred to as Cowboy Caviar...totally the same thing! Never had it though.

How sweet is that when you get help from unexpected?! I love it! So glad they were there to help out.

I need to give my kids more grace as well. You are so right!!

carissa said...

i think the Lord teaches us so MUCH through mothering... grace and patience come to mind. : ) i totally am there right with you!

that texas caviar sounds so darn good. and so does the tenderloin. and now i'm hungry.

Carrie said...

Mmmm...I am a late night snacker {curses!} and that looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

So awesome that your friend helped fix your house...such a generous thing! It's hard to find that sometimes these days. And I'm with you on the grace, ugh! I have too many 'not-so-nice' mommy moments by letting the everyday things get in the way. Being a mom sure does test grace! I am pretty sure that Jamison and Caleb could name far more moments of grace from you than the other moments! ;-) Jamison is a great example of what you've taught her through her verses and kindness!;-)

Have a great week!

amy said...

Oh, Kelli! You told me you had pork for dinner but not marinated pork from your mom. It looked scrumptious just setting there marinating.! I'm sure that was good eating! (My pork was in the crock with b-b-q sauce. :)

That is such a good friend to come with her husband to help with the siding. :)

Grace. Thankful his mercies are new every day.

Rach said...

Why did I not comment yesterday? Hm. Busy i guess...

Grace. Yes. Absolutely. That is something I'm continuously working on as well. It's tough work being a mom, but being an individual human being as well.

As for that Texas Caviar, I think I'm going to have to try it. :o)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Amen to #4! Don't I know that I need to offer up more grace.

And the food looks delicious! I'm a late night snacker, I confess.

Kelli W said...

I usually skip Mondays when it is a holiday too:) I was busy reading the Help this Monday, so I had no time to blog! Yay for nice people who do amazing things just to be nice! I love those kind of people and wish I was more like that sometimes! I hope you are having an awesome week Kelli!