Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Plans

So, finding joy's Rachel (love her) posed a simple, good question the other day and it got me thinking:


What do you want to do this summer?

Last summer was chaotic for us and overall was not all that fun or enjoyable.  I want things to be different this year so I'm making up a little list of things to do...you know I love my lists.

Take the kids to the spray park...and even put my toes in.

Join the library's Summer Reading Program with Jamison.

Take my camera pretty much everywhere I go to capture all of the little and big moments.

Have more popcorn parties.

Take a day off from work, just to hang out with my two favorite people.

Road trip to IKEA with a few of my favorite girlfriends.

Go for walks in the evening.

Read the children Bible stories and discuss God's grace.

Show God's grace.

Plan a trip to either the Indianapolis Zoo or our local waterpark.

Have a picnic or two...or three.

Make sun tea and fresh squeezed lemonade.

Play music really loud and dance off the grumpies.

Share our summer adventures with all of you :)

11 comments:

Rach said...

Oh, good, you ARE alive. ;o)

What a wonderful list--it makes me want to make one of my own. Hee hee! I was sitting with B the other night, trying to get my summer plans in order and before I knew it, my summer was eaten up. Gone. Woosh. :shakes head:

I find I often just want to hide out in the a/c instead of going out to enjoy--it's so dang hot and humid here, ugh--but that needs to change. The girls must remember summer as being about more than hiding from the heat. :oP

I LOVE your plans and can't wait to see them in action. :o)

Hugs!

Kelli W said...

I so want to join you for that roadtrip to Ikea! That would be so much fun:) And seriously I have got to do some kind of popcorn party too! And there is nothing better than a picnic in the summer. We just bought a new picnic table for our back yard so I think we will be having lots of them this summer:)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I'm so glad you'll be sharing it all with us. Summer fun is the BEST! Last summer was chaotic for us too with the house building. This summer might be a bit . . . different because of a new baby. I still hope that we can make it extra special for the girls.

The Starr Family said...

Get busy sister! :)

Angie said...

So many people have mentioned lemonade. I must make some very soon!

I just love summer!!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds so nice! I wish we had a spray park. Celia would love that. We will have a nice beach to go to, though.

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

What great plans! Sounds like it will be an unforgettable summer!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer!

~Becca

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Great list of summer want to dos. I really think it helps to ponder it. Normally, once August comes I'm in panic mode and want to do so many things and try to cram it in - and still have to plan for fall. This year? Trying to plan ahead. :)

Anonymous said...

Kelli --- I love the idea of taking that camera EVERYWHERE! I've been trying it out lately, and it's been helpful... although very heavy to lug around. The rest of your list is wonderful too! Have a terrific summer!
~ Janna

amy said...

Yeah for summer list making!
Looks like great fun... ;)
I wanna go to the zoo with you all!