Monday, June 16, 2008

Anniversary Weekend - The Actual Day!

Yesterday was THE day, our anniversary - 6 years. I thought maybe to honor this day I'd start from the beginning:

Rondell and I met on the campus of The Ohio State University my freshman year (his sophomore). Rondell was friends with my RA's best friend. Our meeting was not anything spectacular, but I did notice how tall he was. During my freshman year I would see him around the dorm and we would talk from time to time. Towards the end of the year we became closer friends and started hanging out as just that, friends.

When we left school I went home to Cleveland and he went to South Carolina to sell books (I think that was pretty much a disaster for him). Once he came back from SC we started writing letters (remember mail?). Then he came to Cleveland for a visit. He didn't drive, he didn't fly...he rode the bus! That weekend we just hung out and nothing more, watched movies and hung out with my mom. It was fun.

During my sophomore year we started becoming closer and then started dating. We had our first date at Cooker (now closed). It's funny because neither one of us had a car so we walked there from the dorm. We would skip class and go to Beekman's Bagels (now closed) for lunch. We had a good dating time (with of course a few fights and break ups) but all in all we remained together because we were friends first. I think that's what held us together.

In April of 2001 Rondell and I were going to lunch, nothing unusual. While sitting in Chi Chi's (now closed...do you see a pattern) our waiter kept staring at me. I thought "how rude, does he not see I'm with my boyfriend." Turns out he was drawing a picture of me and my hand because when he brought us our check there was my RING! Rondell proposed, I cried. It was great.

One year later we were married on a beautiful Saturday. All of our friends and family were there.

Six years later, we're still going strong. With God's love and our friendship we can do anything and survive anything. I love this man with all my heart! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY! (Oh, and Happy Father's Day too!)
So, yesterday Rondell and I got to sleep in! Then we went to a local water park for a couple of hours. We had the best time just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. After the water park we had Chipotle and then left to pick up our babies from Cleveland. While we liked the freedom for a bit it was great seeing them (even though Jamison did not want to come home). We had dinner with my dad, Renee, my siblings and friends of theirs and then headed home. It was a nice way to end the wonderful weekend!

No comments: