Friday, February 4, 2011

Thanking God on Friday!

 ** I am thankful for Isaiah 40.  I mentioned this earlier this week when I shared my memory verse for the next two weeks (here).  Overall, this entire chapter is full of encouragement...not from "man", but from GOD.  I'm trying to really wrapped my mind around all of that.  It's one thing when your husband/best friend say "it's going to be OK"...it's another when God is directly telling you that He has control...that He will give you what you need.  Seriously, read it.

** I am thankful to have had a night out with this man:

We had such a great time on our night out on the town.  We talked, we laughed, we snuggled, & just all-around enjoyed being together.  We must do dates like this more often (are you reading Ron...)

** I am thankful for my MIL who came over to watch our kids so that we could have our date.  It was very comforting to know that the babies were snuggled in their beds while we were gone.  Thanks Maw Maw!

** I am thankful for the wonderful performance that this man put on:

It was such a wonderful concert.  I think because it was in a smaller venue, a jazz club, it was much more personal and intimate.  Eric (yes, we are on a first name basis) really interacted with the crowd and you could just tell that he was enjoying what he was doing.  He even did some New Edition moves...I loved it!


Look...we even got to actually meet him...and he told me he liked my hair!  This was definitely a highlight

7 comments:

Rach said...

I'm LOVIN' all the photos! What a wonderful time you two had. :o) I'm insanely jealous and hope B and I are able to get out sometime soon.

Happy Friday!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Woo hoo! Date nights with a grandparent as your sitter are so awesome! So glad you guys had a good time.

I'll have to look into Isaiah 40.

Kelli W said...

I'm so glad you had a great date night! You look so pretty with that yellow scarf on! And how cool to get to meet a singer...even though I don't really know who he is:) I hope you have a great weekend Kelli!

Joanna said...

Glad y'all had a fabulous date night!! Loving that scarf, yellow is definitely your color!

Anonymous said...

what a great date! It does sound fun! I hope you get to do it more often!

LeAnna said...

Oh, I will amen that first paragraph. We need to seek our answers and encouragement from God, not man. Too often we, as well as the Church as a whole does that. Looks to a preacher instead of to the Word. I have a big soapbox about that. ;) Your date night looked like a blast!

He & Me + 3 said...

I saw these on Facebook. I am so glad that you had a wonderful night. You look great and how cool that he said he liked your hair. That would totally make my night too :)