Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanking God on Friday!


~  I am thankful that I was able to have some one on one time with Jamison and help her make a card for her teacher.  It's always nice to sit and talk with each of my children...to hear about their day, what they are thinking and things that they like to do.  They are growing up so fast and I want to try and savor each moment...taking it all in. 
 
~  I am thankful for the reminder feature on my cell phone.  I forget things so easily, like remembering to send a can good to school with Jamison, or remembering to give that ink pad to Lyndsey, or remembering to make something for the pot luck at work.  My planner helps me to remember most things but it's also nice to put the little things in my phone and have it ring as a small reminder.
~  I am thankful for all of the Christmas cards that I've gotten in the mail so far.  I love seeing everyone's family and seeing how much my friend's children have grown.  I plan on doing something like this or this with my cards this year...so I'm also thankful for these ideas.

~  I am thankful for quiet time.  I need quiet time...to be with Him, to think, to relax.  I need to make quiet time (especially with Him) much more of a priority and have it be something I can't go through the day without.  To just stop...and be still...and listen...and breathe.

6 comments:

Kim3278 said...

I've been in constant prayer with Him but I need to spend more time wit Him too! Btw..how did Rondel enjoy his lunch the other day?

Rach said...

Thank you for the ideas on what to do with the photo cards. :o) I'm always wondering what to do.

I have quiet time with Him every evening when I'm nursing Ellie for the final time. We sit in the dark, quiet of her room, I rock and nurse, and I'm in His presence. It's beautiful, and really, one of the favorite parts of my day.

Jamison's teacher is going to LOVE her card! :o)

Kelli W said...

I think I say this every week...I love your Friday posts:) I am loving all the fun cards we are getting in the mail too! Makes me think I should mail people cards at other times of the year just to be nice!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

It's so wonderful to be able to spend one on one time with the kiddos. They grow so fast!

*Got your card yesterday! So precious, thank you!

The Starr Family said...

Quiet time alone or with the kids... can never get enough.

Ps.. your card was GORGEOUS (I had no doubt) and the pic of your kids was absolutely beautiful!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I need to do those photo scrapbooks too. I did one that held a couple of years, but ran out of room. I never thought of cutting out the photos and re-labeling them with just the names. hmmm.