Thursday, January 8, 2009

One Word

OK, so I've decided to join the movement. There are a lot of posts out there about choosing one word that sums up what you'd like to work on throughout the New Year. I've decided on my word:
MOVE

I can easily get caught up in "I'll do it later" or "a little nap won't hurt" or "what show can I watch?" and miss out on what really needs to be done. I need to MOVE...organizing my home, reading and absorbing God's Word, reading to my children and chasing them around the house, exercising, etc. I have the time, so I need to make the time and MOVE and get these things done. If I continue to MOVE then the clothes will get washed faster, the kids' bathroom will be redone, my Bible study will be done thoroughly...things like that.

Now I don't mean that rest is not important because it is...but too much rest, that is my problem. I will still enjoy the occasional Sunday nap (aren't those the best right after church!), but in between I plan to MOVE.

"She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness." Proverbs 31:27

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got to move it, move it. I've got to move it, move it.
We've got to move it, move it.
We've got to...MOVE IT!

Ms. Tee said...

I agree. I need to move more, too! ;) Sunday naps are the best, though - my old pastor used to call it his Sunday *annointed nap*, so that's what I call mine now. lol :)

Kelli said...

I've got a GREAT book for you Kel. It's called "Managers of Their Homes" by Steven and Teri Maxwell. You should check it out. It helped me get my home organized realistically and to a point where I feel satisfied everyday. Check it out. If you lived in FL, I'd lend it to ya. =) I think it's around $21.00, but it's the best $21.00 I've spent in a LONG time. Have fun!

Katie said...

Hi hon - thank you so much for your supportive comment - and lovely display of un-pc-ness on Bower Power. I was cracking up at your sticks/ohio joke! You go girl!

And thanks too for visiting so that I can discover your blog - it is so easy to read and your babies are just beautiful!

XO - Katie

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is a good word for the year. I have never chosen one but I can see why people do, and yours is perfect. Good luck using it all year! :)
Carrie

Betsy said...

Great word...movement is key in our life. Being stagnant creeps into all areas of our life. It is okay to chill once in awhile but mostly we should Move. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by I need to move more myself! Cute family by the way!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That is a great word - I am feeling so inspired! Think of all I could finally finish?!