Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - October 19, 2009

For today...

Outside my window
...blue skies and cool. It is supposed to get up to 60 today.

I am thinking
...about the wonderful time we had yesterday at Freeman's Farm:

Three of my favorite people!

Here we are getting ready for the hay ride.

It was a nice ride and the kids really enjoyed it. I tried to get the look of amazement from Caleb on film but I was not successful.

The scenery was just beautiful!

Posing with the pumpkins. Caleb was too interested in everything around him to look at the camera.

They have a pit where you roast hot dogs.

I am thankful...
for a nice Fall day. My mom and I are going for a walk after work and it will be nice to be in the sun, even if it is cool.

I am praying...
for obedience.

From the kitchen...
I have no idea. I did not meal plan this week and so I am out of sorts. Any suggestions?

I am reading...
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel.

I am creating...
goodie bags for Jamison's friends. I started on them last night and I think I am going to like how they turn out. I will post about them this week.

Around the house...
MESSY!!! We had a pretty busy day yesterday and the house suffered because of it. I plan on writing out some things that I want to get done and then put that into action. I do much better when I have things written down. I am a list maker by nature.

Two of my favorite things...
Friends and crafting. Put those together and I'm one happy camper. I was able to experience this on Saturday when I hosted my first stamp camp. I ended up only having two people (sniff), but it was still a fun time. Here's proof:

Two of my closest friends finally met! I have been waiting to introduce these ladies for months now and it finally happened. I love these girls to pieces and it was fun being able to do some crafting with them.

Here's my demo Lisa hard at work. Notice the stemware! I brought sparkling apple cider and cranberry juice from Trader Joe's...YUM!

Here's one of the cards that we made.

A few plans for the rest of the week...none! This means that I can really tackle my To Do list.

What are you thinking? Share here.

13 comments:

Emily said...

beautiful cards and pictures! You've been having a lot of fun!

jenjen said...

It's so fun reading your Simple Woman posts Kelli! What a fun week. I loved the pictures from the pumpkin farm! And congratulations on the stamp class - how fun! I bet you guys had a wonderful time!

I can't wait to hear more about your goodie bags. What a cute idea!

XOXO
Jen

Carrie said...

Love the card! I can't wait to see the goodie bags I am trying to put something together for my niece and nephew thats not just candy!

we are going to the pumpkin patch this weekend I can't wait!

Brittany said...

Love the book you're reading! It was one of the first books I read, after starting my relationship with Christ! It's a goody! :)

AND I love that card! SO beautiful!

Angie S said...

Cute card.

It makes me want to get crafty!!

I love the pic of your kids in front of the pumpkins :))

Looks like a fun outing!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

That tree is gorgeous...it makes me wish we had a few less evergreens down here! The leaves don't change very much, and we don't get to see all those beautiful colors! That card is SUPER cute!

Jenn@the loves of jenn said...

Looks like you had a great time at the farm - was yours as muddy as ours was? That card is adorable!

Miller Racing Family said...

Great daybook entry. The pumpkin patch looks like a blast. We also went to a patch this week, I will have to post pictures later in the week.
The cards you made look wonderful.
Have a great Monday!

ohio12 said...

I am out of meal ideas for the week too. I love the card you made and your pumpkin pictures.

Carrie said...

What an awesome card! You guys did such a great job! How fun!

THe kids are so cute, they make me smile :) Looks like you had a great weekend! I'm desperately trying to catch up on housework this week. Dan will be out of town THursday - Tuesday...that means probably eating out or hot dogs for dinner! I also want to get out and take pictures of the beautiful colors this week! Love your lists, always great to read!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Beautiful pictures of fall! Yeah!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Those cards are gorgeous! How fun it is to get together with friends and craft. Looks like a fun pumpkin patch trip too. Gorgeous tree, gorgeous kiddos :)

A Gracious Home said...

What a wonderful day of fun you had. Your blog is beautiful and so are all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Doylene