Monday, February 25, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Weekend Joy


For today...

Outside my window...SUNNY!  It looks like it's going to be our only sunny day this week so I'm going to soak up every minute :)  I'm grateful that my office space has a window.

I am thinking...about my wonderful weekend.  It was relaxing, productive, sunny, and time well spent with friends...some of my favorite things.

I am thankful...for all of the wonderful help I had on Saturday when I picked up Girl Scout cookies for Jamison's entire troop.  Five moms and their girls all made the time to come over and help sort and organize.  I felt such a wonderful sense of community and it made the task easy to manage.

**This is a fraction of the delivery...there's plenty more on the other side of my dining area**

In the kitchen...Rondell made his famous (to me) chili.  It is absolutely delicious!  We also recently purchased glass containers to store our food in and over this next week we are planning on getting rid of all of our plastic containers.  I am so excited about that...I guess it's the little things.

I am wearing...my favorite long sleeve shirt.  It's charcoal gray...one of my secondary favorite colors (along with orange).

I am going...to become a co-leader for Jamison's Girl Scout troop.  This is something I never thought I would do but it is becoming more of an interest of mine and I'm so grateful that I am able to help.

I am wondering...about this blog and where I'm going with it.  Most days I have nothing, but at the same time I miss it.  I also realize that I don't take enough pictures...and what's a blog post without pictures.  I really need to pray about whether or not to continue.  In a lot of ways it keeps me connected to those precious friends who I've met through blogging, but I'm wondering if now we can also be connecting in other ways...emails, texts, letters.  I'm not sure...


I am reading... Unglued and it is fantastic so far.  I see it being placed in my 'must read again and again' pile.

I am looking forward to...Spring Break!

Around the house...it's filled with Girl Scout cookies.  It is going to take a while to get all of Jamison's boxes sorted and delivered.

One of my favorite things...snail mail.  I'm working on getting into the habit of sending 'just because' mail because it's a little forgotten.  How fun to open your mailbox to find a little token of someone's appreciation. I love it and plan to do it more often.  I sent out a few last week :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...library, cleaning Jamison's room, reading to Caleb's class and spending less time checking my phone ;)



4 comments:

Rach said...

Blogging is a GREAT way to connect, but you're absolutely right, there are other ways as well.

My blog is my journal and my gift to the girls when they are adults. It's also a way for my family and friends to stay connected with us and know what's going on and for me to document the small details of daily life that might otherwise be forgotten.

Glass containers? I was SO stoked when we got ours! I feel ya!

Your house--it must be a sight to behold! Holy smokes that's a ton of cookies!!

One of my New Year's goals the past two years has been to send out more "just because" notes and cards. I know how much *I* LOVE to get mail that's not bills or junk and think others must feel the same way. :o)

Hugs!

amy said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful and just the kind of weekend I'm longing for...
I want to come over for Chili.
And please, keep your blog alive. It's a different side of you that can't be shared otherwise.
Just my opinion. And I think it's no big deal you don't have many pics. That's just your style. :))
Have fun this week. Hope Jamison's room doesn't take too long. ;)

Carrie said...

I agree that it's been hard and much fewer posts to keep up with blogging, but I hope you don't give it up! I like to think of mine as our family journal...I haven't taken as many pictures, but it's a great place to log your memories! You are a busy working mom, and I'm thankful for the few ways to keep up with you! ;-) I would not be able to be in the same room with all those cookies without opening up a box to eat! I miss my Samoas already! ;-). Looking forward to more nice weekends!

Kelli W said...

I've been thinking about getting rid of all our plastic stuff too! Where did you find glass stuff with lids? Blogging has slowly lost it's appeal to me. I think partially because I've been too busy to even think about being crafty! I miss it though because blogging made me be really creative and I need that outlet!