Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Randoms


~ So yesterday was Valentine's Day...my absolute favorite day of the year (even over Christmas and my birthday!).  Typically I send out cards and spoil my friends and family...I love it.  But this year I had nothin'...gasp.  I even bought Valentines for my kids to pass out at school (nothing against store bought, I just like to make them).  I'm giving myself a little grace this year though.  I'm thinking of having a random day as my "Valentine's Day...The Sequel"  How fun would that be?

~ I gave up Facebook for Lent.  If I'm being totally honest, I should have given up all social media...but Facebook is a good step.  It takes up too much of my time, allows me to let untruths creep in, and my focus needs to be on Him and my family.

~  With that, I'm really looking to fill that time with His Word.  I've been listening to sermons by Louie Giglio and I'm really enjoying them.  And I'm going to start Beth Moore's Breaking Free.


~ I lost 20lbs!  I'm so thrilled and it motivates me to kick it up a notch :)  I still have a long way to go but I'll take this victory!

~  I've been trying to get to the post office to mail some goodies for two weeks!!!  What is it about the post office that it makes me drag my feet?  I'm going tomorrow...rain, sleet or snow (which in Ohio we could get all three...in the same day).


~ I recently ordered these 50 Promises cards from Summer.  I hope this helps me to memorize Scripture and it's great to have these reminders right at my fingertips.


~  I finished a book!!  I've neglected my love for reading and a friend let me borrow this and I was instantly hooked.  I've never read any of his books, but after reading this one I may just have to go and pick up another.

~  Enough random...Happy Friday Friends :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

20lbs! Yeah!! That's awesome! And I totally heart Beth Moore. I saw her live a few years ago and she's an amazing speaker. Hope you keep us updated with what you think of Breaking Free!

Kelli W said...

I am so proud of you for losing 20 lbs Kelli! I really need to step up my game and start watching what I eat better! I've done a couple different Beth Moore studies and they are always amazing! And how funny that you mentioned Louie Giglio...I did a little research on him this weekend as we were driving because he produced one of the cd's we were listening to:) Reading about him made me want to visit his church in Atlanta!

Kim3278 said...

20 lbs...GO Kelli!! That is wonderful news. Congratulations. I wish I could give up facebook but my running group is on there and I feel like i need that connection with them.

I can't believe you've not read any of NS books. I haves nearly all of them so if you want to borrow them, you may. I LOVE his books. LOVE!!

Did you get to the post office??

Rach said...

20 pounds is SO awesome!!!!

I think a random Valentine's sequel is a PERFECT idea! Sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

I quit FB for that very reason--it was such a time sink for me and I started to feel badly about myself. I didn't like how I let it make me feel so I quit. It's been almost three years and I can honestly say for the most part I don't miss it at all.

I finished a book yesterday and I've not read a book since before Christmas. It was WONDERFUL! :o)

amy said...

Those roses are gorgeous!
(nothing against store bought either, but we did them this year too.)
However, I DO LOVE your homemade cards. :)))
I have a hard time with FB and I don't get on hardly ever. Maybe once a month...
GREAT sermons you're listening to.
AND I know I already told you, but it's worth repeating; good job loosing your weight!!!
(I'm praying for you.)
xoxoxo